1.    #1  
    I have figured out how to sync over the internet utilizing the Mergic VPN client, the problem is that it takes forever! Sometimes as much 30 minutes. I have Ultrasoft Money, AvantGo, AddIt, Docs to Go,... etc. I would like to be able to sync with all of the conduits when I'm connected via USB but only one or two when I'm coming via the network or VPN. Is there a software product that will allow me to select which conduits are active depending on how/where I'm sync'ing from?
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    I have figured out how to sync over the internet utilizing the Mergic VPN client, the problem is that it takes forever! Sometimes as much 30 minutes. I have Ultrasoft Money, AvantGo, AddIt, Docs to Go,... etc. I would like to be able to sync with all of the conduits when I'm connected via USB but only one or two when I'm coming via the network or VPN. Is there a software product that will allow me to select which conduits are active depending on how/where I'm sync'ing from?
    I haven't tried any network or bluetooth hotsycs since getting my 700p a couple of days ago, but you can right-click on the HotSync icon in the system tray, then select custom, and then you get a screen where you can change behavior for each individual item. You can change the behavior either for just the next time or you can change it permanantly.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  3.    #3  
    I figured it out! The hot sync application lets you choose which conduits you want nto sync when using a modem. When you sync over the network the palm thinks you're using a modem. It worked! Five minute sync over the internet!
    I got my network hotsync to work without any VPN client software, just used hotsync and Verizon's broadband access.

Modem Sync Preferences = Network

Primary PC Name = <blank>
    Primary PC Address = Router IP
    Subnet Mask = off the router

After the hotsync, the last three revert to my PC name and network card IP #'s so I have to change them every time to get this to work, but what the hell.

I downloaded the Mergic VPN client. Couldn't get it to connect at all and interestingly, when I tapped VPN in Preferernces, it told me I had to install a client.

My broadband comes through a cable modem then through a Linksys router to my PC. Oh, and I had to forward the TCP and UDP ports as mentioned in other threads.

b.b.
  5.    #5  
    Which ports do you forward to?
    14237 and 14238. My Linksys router allows me to forward both UDP and TCP in one action. You will have to search TREOCentral elsewhere for instructions on specific ones if your router won't configure in that way.

I'm no expert in this, I was successful largely through hit and miss from the various instructions I looked at. Search TREOCentral for those numbers and you might happen across the thread with the instructions.

I don't know how often I will use this, but it will probably come in handy if something bad happens.

One more thing, I turned off all the modem conduits that I did not want, staying with Contacts/Tasks/Calendar but it still wants to back up everything that changes elsewhere so be mindful if you are on a defined data plan.

b.b.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. I got it to work without the VPN it's still pretty slow but better than nothing!