Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am trying to get some music on my Treo 700p. When I select "Tools" "Options" "Devices" on my Windows Media Player my Treo 700p does not show up. I click refresh devices and nothing. I sync my Treo on my computer all the time so I know this is not a problems of my computer not reconizing my Treo. Anybody know how I can get my Windows Media Player to acknowledge my Treo? Is there a walkthrough anywhere on how to get music on my Treo. I am pretty new to all this so maybe I am doing something wrong.
    Last edited by Peter M; 11/10/2006 at 02:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The way I know you can do this is with the upgraded Pocket Tunes version. It includes the necessary software to make your Treo appear in WMP as another MP3 player.

The step by step process is in the Pocket Tunes website.
    OKKKKKK, AFTER 3 DAYS I FINALLY GOT THIS TO WORK . IT'S AS SIMPLE AS JUST UPGRADING YOUR P-TUNES VERSION, WHICH YOU CAN DO DIRECTLY FROM THE PTUNES APPLICATION ON YOUR PHONE. THENNNNNNNN, YOU HAVE TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, WITH YOUR DEVICE CONNECTED AND PTUNES SELECTED. THAT'S HOW I FINALLLLLY GOT IT WORK & THE IDIOTS AT SPRINT COULD NOT HELP ME WITH THIS FOR OVER 4 HOURS. I SWEAR THEY KNOW NOTHING..............AND THIS IS WHY WE HAVE EACH OTHER!! PLEASE KEEP POSTING ALL TIPS YOU CAN!!

ALSO..........ANOTHER SUPER IMPORTANT WHICH I LEARNED THE HARD WAY...BC AGAIN THE MORONS AT SPRINT DID NOT TELL ME THIS ..... MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EXPANSION CARD IN, BC THE 700P WILL ONLY HOLD ABOUT 2 SONGS WITH ITS INTERNAL MEMORY. (I TRIED TO TRANSFER ABOUT 50 SONGS OVER & MY PALM CRASHED). YOU ALSO HAVE TO FORMAT YOUR EXPANSION CARD BEFORE USING (IT SAYS THIS NO WHERE IN THE MANUEL) , AND BE SURE TO SELECT THE PREFERENCE (ON P-TUNES)TO COPY FILES FROM YOUR PC TO YOUR CARD....(JUST SO YOU KNOW, THE SPRINT TECH SUPPORT TOLD ME I HAD TO TRANSFER OVER 2 SONGS AT A TIME, THEN "COPY" TO THE CARD!! FKEN IDIOTS , CAN U TELL THEY ARE WORTHLESS??)
    Haha good to know.

BTW your cap lock key is broken. ;-)
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    shame on you for even talking to a sales rep... no matter what it is sales people know crap.
    If I could know then, what I know now.