1.    #1  
    I visit a lot of forums and sites where I have to sign in and it's kind of a pain to always have to type in my user/pw all the time. Is there any Palm software (hopefully freeware) that saves all the passwords I have so whenever I go to a website that I had previously went to that requires a user/pw, it'll automatically fill it in for me?

Thanks
    Blazer should be doing that for you if cookies are enabled
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Blazer forgets passwords as soon as you exit it. The enable cookies thing is of absolutely no use for remembering passwords
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maninrochester View Post
    Blazer forgets passwords as soon as you exit it. The enable cookies thing is of absolutely no use for remembering passwords
    You couldn't possibly be any more wrong, and yet you say this with so much conviction it's comical. With cookies enabled, sites like TC recognize you and log you in without having enter your ID and password.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm,

But I have the cookies and javascript and everything enabled.
    It remembers my USERNAME but not my password though.
    Are you choosing the Remember me option when logging in?

If so, try logging in then bookmarking the URL once logged in. For example I have this as my bookmark, once logged in:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...php?styleid=14

remembers me every time...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    Yep. Well, sometimes there isn't a remember me option. Those are the time when I have to put in the information manually (password basically) but I'm getting tired if always having to put in my password. That's why I was wondering if there was an app that saves the password for me...like in Firefox or IE, it'll ask if it wants to save the password for you...so when I go to the page, the user/pw is automatically filled in.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Are you choosing the Remember me option when logging in?

If so, try logging in then bookmarking the URL once logged in. For example I have this as my bookmark, once logged in:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...php?styleid=14

remembers me every time...
    Blazer never remembers me on my 650. I have to type the username and password every time. Cookies are enabled.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
  9.    #9  
    So is there any programs that can remember user/pws for me on the Treo?

Thanks
    Nat aware of an app quite like you describe. The closest I can think of would be something like ShortCut5. With it, you can define short abbreviations (1 or 2 characters, although you could use longer ones, I guess) for each password. Then, when prompted, type . followed by your shortcut.

For example, you could define p1 to represent PwOrD1234. Then, when you hit .p1, the software automagically expands it to the full string: PwOrD1234

But I have to agree with those who say your Treo should remember them for you. Try clearing your cache and cookie list, followed by a soft reset. See if it works after that.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I would love an app that would do an autofill of credit card info too, and my personell info. Is there such a thing???
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I would love an app that would do an autofill of credit card info too, and my personell info. Is there such a thing???
    That would be a bit dangerous, wouldn't it? Passwords to treocentral are one thing, but credit card numbers… If your phone were to get stolen, or if you accidentally left it somewhere, you'd be royally screwed.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Good point, but I think there is a program like this for WM. I guess it works with a password or something...