Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was originally a paying aol customer, now I have the "free" aol. I use my aol account on chattermail pretty much exclusively but lately I have been having problems sending my mail. I get this message-sending error: 554-Must complete image puzzle before sending. please go to http://challenge.aol.com/spam.html
    554 transaction failed

Does anyone know if this is a real aol message, or a phishing scam. I've gotten it a few times, did the puzzle, then changed my password. Not sure what to do at this point. Thanks for any info anyone may have.
    I've never heard of this before; I don't think it's a phishing scam - it's coming directly from aol's server.

Marc
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks Marc. I finally got through to someone at aol today that verified the site was legit. Thanks for writing back and doubly confirming it. You're the best!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Please post how this problem was fixed. I have not had issues until recently and I can't send anything from AOL regardless if I am signed on directly on the Web or through Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I talked to AOL and this is a security check that they put on email accounts from time to time..It's legit..I completed the puzzle and everything worked fine afterwards.
    i am still trying to figure out how to fix this error 554 what puzzle are u talking about please help i cant send and i cant receive mail
    thanks
    christina
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    just go to the website listed in my post above,sign in and complete the "puzzle" and you should be able to send mail again from smpt.aol.com.
    Guys I believe that the traad is 2 year old and it is possible solved issue
    HostV - VPS Hosting - http://www.hostv.com
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    No, this is still a problem. I'm on Treo 680 using the built-in Blazer and I don't see a puzzle to solve. As a result, I can't send e-mail.