1.    #1  
    Is there a ROM Tool for the 700? PM me
    Not at this time. I believe the issue is the USB driver needed to connect to the phone. The 650 version doesn't work on the 700p.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    There is no tool yet, the main reason the 650 tool doesn't work (old or new) is the memory addresses of external functions "borrowed" from the treo's bootloader aren't yet known in the 700p, nor is the address or storage location of the 700p's compressed rom. It will most likely be a easy thing, but we are slightly waiting on palm for there first rom update...
    Fiddlesticks. Looks like we'll be waiting a while...
    ...maybe the fact we are itching at the seams to kill off "On Demand," "Quick Tour," "Add It," "DTG 8.001" and other nonsense is motivating Palm to delay the more-than-overdue firmware update. They can't stand the fact that Shadowmite seems to be able to improve their devices better than their stable of highly-paid programmers.

At least I'm hoping that Palm has put at least *THAT* much thought into the update... I'm probably dreaming.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Actually there might be a fair amount of truth to that ^

I know he's been in hot butter with Palm in the past, I wouldn't put it past them to want to "punish" people for turning to him for Treo solutions rather than rely solely on them...
    also I have heard that there are people claiming that they have a rom tool for a treo 700p but they are fakes.

So wait till they release and rom update.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
  8.    #8  
    From what I'm seeing from Palm ROM updates seem to come in the form of new products! To wit the 750 & 680. I hope not. It seems that they're taking a page from the MS school of coding - give your customers a lot of features that don't work terribly well, and LOTS of access for marketers and leave the mess for third party vendors to clean up.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Any news on the 700p rom tool? I have a bricked 700p I'd like to resurrect... It goes in an endless reboot loop, it got stuck in an update that said it would take 5 minutes, 30 minutes later I decided to reboot the phone and it got heavy (bricked..)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
    There is no tool yet, the main reason the 650 tool doesn't work (old or new) is the memory addresses of external functions "borrowed" from the treo's bootloader aren't yet known in the 700p, nor is the address or storage location of the 700p's compressed rom. It will most likely be a easy thing, but we are slightly waiting on palm for there first rom update...
    I was just curious, since there have been a few ROM updates since 2006, if anyone was ever successful in getting a 700p ROM tool functioning. I know it's probably no longer a huge priority for the handful of people who were working on this back in the summer of 2006, but surely someone managed to get something working. *fingers crossed*
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm on that list, with a bricked 700p... But we are warned before trying the crazy stunts..!

I can only just wait to see if they come up with one, or even a "Update ROM" boot method...