i have read about

resco backup, think the schdule has a bug in it, doesnt run when suppose to

http://www.resco.net/palm/backup/default.asp

BackupMan
    http://www.bitsnbolts.com/

backup buddy pro vsf
    http://www.bluenomad.com/

comes with desktop companion
    I have not researched the others but have been using Backup Buddy Pro and the desktop companion for many months now.

I like it. Simple and straight forward. Restores of several corrupted files over the months have been flawless. One complete hard reset and restore while on the road and away from my PC was flawless. I like the auto back up of my SD card by the desktop companion during a hot sync -- but have not had to "test" that recovery process yet.

Cheers, Perry.
    NVBackup works great for me, and the price is good (free).
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Resco backup has worked well for me as well as BackupBuddy for Windows.
    I recently did some playing. Having been a Backup Buddy Pro user for years, I decided to do a device based backup with Resco Backup and another backup to the desktop, a hard reset done, then restored from the desktop. Well, it did not return the device to the pre-hard reset state. Darn. No big deal though, because my main interest with Backup Buddy Pro is backing up the card.

Anyway, my recommendation is Resco Backup - it has been the most recently redone program that works well with the current file system. I have it installed and have performed hard resets/restores with it and all is good with the exception that Resco Backup does not restore pictures taken by the camera left in the device's main RAM.

NVBackup works fine, though it does not have as many options as Resco Backup - it is a reliable application.

BackupBuddy - ok if you are not running Java - it does not restore Java to your device. In addition, it has no provisions for the nice treatment of the db cache.

Teal Backup - tried this one last week, installed, backed up, hard reset and then restore. The backup indicated it did not back up one file, the Bluetooth cache file (or something like that) - strike one. I turned off Bluetooth and it backed up the file. I then backed up the device using Resco Backup and executed a hard reset and restore with Teal Backup. Nine files were not installed and then when it wanted to reset, which is fine after a restore, it went into an endless loop - ChatterEmail was prompting me that mail boxes were missing, in itself not a bad thing and very easy to take care of, but it was in an endless loop and there was no way to easily take care of it other than a warm reset to stop it from looping. Well, I now knew that Teal Backup was not a backup solution worth messing with any further, so a hard reset was done and the device restored with Resco Backup.

Was I interested in going with Teal? Not at all, I just had some free time and it had been two years since I last tried it.

I have licenses for both Backup Manager and Resco Backup and use Resco Backup exclusively. So my recommendation is Resco Backup.

Ben
    Try out all three before you decide which one to go with. I purchased Backup Man 2.1 and I was unimpressed with their customer service and the relaiblilty of the program so I have now switched over to NVbackup. If I am ever in the market to purchase another backup program I think that I would be looking into Resco as I have heard nothing, but great things about it.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I recently did some playing. Having been a Backup Buddy Pro user for years, I decided to do a device based backup with Resco Backup and another backup to the desktop, a hard reset done, then restored from the desktop. Well, it did not return the device to the pre-hard reset state. Darn. No big deal though, because my main interest with Backup Buddy Pro is backing up the card.
    I have restored with BackupBuddy from my PC a few times without a problem. What was missing with your test? Just curious as I am using both BB and Resco and neither one has failed me yet.
    I have used a vareity of different backup programs, and I must tell you that backupbuddy.net is SUPERB!! I have used it on the road, at home and it just works great. I think it beats all the others, hands down.

Great for a perfectly working backup on the road, when you need it the most. I am using a 700P, and it's terriffic with evdo.

Pilottreo1
    NVBackup!!!
    I have used BackupBuddy, BackupMan, and most recently Resco. I have done full restores with BackupMan and Resco but I use Resco exclusively now since it is continually being developed. I too recommend you try all three along with NVFS and see which you like.
    I use Resco as well, and it offers the most user configurable features. You may not need them, now, nor care about them, but they're there to "lock" applications to make the back-up process more stable, clear your cache, set up all sorts of schedules, etc.

I've tried both BackUpMan & Resco, and own licenses for both. I stopped using the former, b/c (at least when I last checked) it DOES NOT back up java stuff (same is true of Backup Buddy, I believe, though I've never used it). When I enquired with BUM, they got all nasty with me. I was really taken aback. That was the FIRST app. I had ever purchased for my device, and had been a loyal user. I abruptly tried resco, loved it, and have never looked back.
    Resco here too - don't know what "bug" you are speaking about. When I did the research on this back in March, Resco generally came out ahead - just like it is on this thread. And it has saved my **** twice already. I got it for a good deal with Resco Explorer bundled with it for almost free. Hard to beat that other than "completely free".
    Resco Backup is the best for me..it always saves my arse if I pucked up my treo. Every app and preference is restored without any problems. btw, Resco products are always ahead in competition on their respective fields. And Jan, the developer is always open for comments/suggestions. Thus, his products are always updated

I have tried Backupbudyvfs, backupman, rightbackup but I always go back to Resco.

I am using almost all Resco products e.g. Explorer, Photo Viewer, and Backcup because they work like a champ on my Clie TH55 and Treo.
    The customization I have with ZLauncher was not there. ZLauncher was not installed, though it showed as being successfully transferred. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    I have restored with BackupBuddy from my PC a few times without a problem. What was missing with your test? Just curious as I am using both BB and Resco and neither one has failed me yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntzupa View Post
    Resco Backup is the best for me..it always saves my arse if I pucked up my treo. Every app and preference is restored without any problems. btw, Resco products are always ahead in competition on their respective fields. And Jan, the developer is always open for comments/suggestions. Thus, his products are always updated

I have tried Backupbudyvfs, backupman, rightbackup but I always go back to Resco.

I am using almost all Resco products e.g. Explorer, Photo Viewer, and Backcup because they work like a champ on my Clie TH55 and Treo.
    Ditto! Man, you've got good taste, all the way down to the TH55, best PDA (not to compare with smarthphones) ever made! I still have mine but must admit it's taken a back seat to my Treo 700p.

Resco Explorer is awesome and the latest release just added a "Flush DbCache" feature which I'm using all the time.

Resco Backup has worked for me flawlessly for about two years. Scheduling issue? I've never experienced one. Must be related to improper settings or a conflict with another app. I have mine set to run at 4 a.m. everyday and turn the device off when done . . . and it does it!
    I always liked resco backup. it never failed me
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Do you have it installed in the device's main memory? The only problem I have had with it has been when I have accidently deleted it. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    anyone have any recommendations?

i have read about

resco backup, think the schdule has a bug in it, doesnt run when suppose to

http://www.resco.net/palm/backup/default.asp

BackupMan
    http://www.bitsnbolts.com/

backup buddy pro vsf
    http://www.bluenomad.com/

comes with desktop companion
    And if you are in an area with no service? Ben

Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1 View Post
    I have used a vareity of different backup programs, and I must tell you that backupbuddy.net is SUPERB!! I have used it on the road, at home and it just works great. I think it beats all the others, hands down.

Great for a perfectly working backup on the road, when you need it the most. I am using a 700P, and it's terriffic with evdo.

Pilottreo1
    Another fan of Resco. I did use BackupMan on my Zire 71 but one version didn't work properly on my Treo so that's when I looked at Resco and been happy since. I'm sure BackupMan currently supports the Treo 650 now.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    NVBackup works flawlessly here. I've also run Resco and backupman and now exclusively use nvbackup. Does everything I need and backs up and restores no problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast