1.    #1  
    Audible notifications stop working sometimes as well as the on-screen alert. They almost never seem to work together even though both are checked. When the on-screen alert doesn't work, it pops up a notification but every single thing is blank where it's supposed to say who the email is from, the subject etc.

Now the audio alerts aren't working. I'm going to do a soft reset but that will probably break the on-screen notifications. Either way, these things were not broken in 4.8 and I'm not sure if there is an update out there that will fix this or not. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    You are not alone with this problem. See my post from back in August:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=122396

I have been working with two different debug builds and sending log files to Good over the last month. Engineering is aware and working on this problem. I thought I might have a bad ROM chip, but it appears to be a software problem. You may want to contact Travis and have him send you the debug build to capture the problem and then FTP the log files to Good.

If you reprov both tones and text alerts return for a short period of time. Once tones go out, a soft reset brings them back but you lose the text alerts. Sometimes a combo of using "rebuild" and a soft reset will bring back both text and audible alerts.
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    This version has not had any notification problems in the last 2 days. I think it's finally fixed. Thank you Good!
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    But after a soft reset audible/tone notifications still work, but the text notifications are gone again. Back to engineering. More than half way there. Temporary fix is to reprov again.
    Thanks for the notes on this. I've had the problem as well and originally assumed it was a conflict with some 3rd party app. After lots of debug experiments, had pretty much ruled it out since no pattern emerged.

The calendar notifications always worked but I never had the email alert notification turned on, so haven't seen the "blank" alert. My biggest problem was the going mute for no apparent reason. I've been running 4.9.1.46 but looks like I need to move to the patch release.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)