1.    #1  
    Looks like FCC just approved the 680 yesterday! No wonder wasnt released for sale on the 5th! Guess, we should be getting it soon now.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/1...-the-treo-680/
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    All the advertising and hype started BEFORE it was even approved?? Now what if there had been a problem getting it approved, then what?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    All the advertising and hype started BEFORE it was even approved?? Now what if there had been a problem getting it approved, then what?
    then it would have been delayed. hardly the first time that happened. There are a fewthings that happen with the FCC before release..

Kind of like a movie preview: "this movie not yet rated"..

relax...there has been no announcement so it is not late! The world still turns on its axis. All hope is not lost. deep breaths....
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Well, at least it was approved. I would have been really bummed if it was delayed any longer. I will be in NY next week and I am planning on stopping at the Palm store in the Airport and see if they have any news of the release.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    The faster they get this model out, the more hope there is for the 8525 and the 750. Cingular, let's get the lead out!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I agree!!
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    I hope this announcement means they will be available soon. I've been watching Treocentral and Palm every few days for word, and chomping at the bit to get one. With the prospect of it being available within a week or two, will they be able to keep up with demand. I hope it doesn't take a month to get it once it's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by andersoncat View Post
    ... will they be able to keep up with demand. ....
    Who's fastest with their credit card?

Guess we'll all know soon...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Thank God! It's about time....

I hope PALM will release the unlocked version on the same day...
    There's a label on the FCC sticker that says "Approved for use in Singapore"... Are we sure this is also approved for the USA?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krludwig View Post
    There's a label on the FCC sticker that says "Approved for use in Singapore"... Are we sure this is also approved for the USA?
    What would be the point of the FCC approving a a device for non-American use? The FCC is part of the US government.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Now what if there had been a problem getting it approved, then what?
    There's always the rest of the world where they could sell it.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    just for giggles i called up palm to ask if they had a release date. "no news...however if you subscribe to the plam newsletter...bla bla bla...so hopefully you'll hear something real soon about it." Not sure if that was coded or what but i cant wait.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Quote Originally Posted by mepex View Post
    What would be the point of the FCC approving a a device for non-American use? The FCC is part of the US government.
    I agree. So what's the point of having a label on it that says "Approved for use in Singapore"? Seems odd, doesn't it?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    C'mon, guys.

Pls take a look closely again. It clearly stated on the label: "Approved by IDA for use in Singapore..."

FCC ID: 08F-850 for USA, and also CE 0984 for Europe.

Clear?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Thats good news for us in singapore.... i hope soon....
    Oh, my bad. For some reason, I was thinking the whole sticker came from the FCC, but I see now that's obviously not the case. *Embarrassed* ;-)