Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm trying to get Mobile Gmail to work, but I don't think my Java is working right. I have tried reinstalling it, but no luck. How can I test the JVM to see if it's working ok?
    Is the gMail application in the device's main memory? If you tap on the IBM Java icon, what do you get? Ben
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    A white screen.... and I can't find the "downloaded" .jad file anywhere on the Treo.
    It is probably in the browser's download folder on the card. Ben
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    There's nothing in /PALM/Blazer/Download/.

What am I supposed to see when I tap the IBM Java VM icon?
    If it is not in the device's main memory and you successfully downloaded it with Blazer and it's not in the download folder, then I am at a loss. I downloaded it with Blazer and it was immediately recognized and installed. Ben
    I used to get a white screen on the midlet manager too. But all my java applications still worked. Try installing the gmail PRC:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=127921

And please let us know if it worked.
    Last edited by g-funkster; 11/11/2006 at 10:34 AM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I trashed every Java-J9-related file on the Treo and reinstalled the two from the WEME zip file. Reset the Treo, and it worked fine. I had a white screen for a few seconds, but then the installer came up. After that, everything was "as it should be". Gmail app works!
    This application sure does give some problems. Worked immediately for some and lots of work for others. Ben