Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From the Kinoma Forum.

Apparently this is an early version of a mobile YouTube site and I haven't tried it yet. Take it for what it's worth but it looks interesting (www.doitgo.com). Supposedly the Browse/Channels/Categories/Featured sections are not yet supported but will be soon.

EDIT: The Search function seems to work.

There is also a Google video site (www.mgvids.com).

You should access the sites from Blazer and the links will open in Kinoma.

Please note, I'm not affiliated with the sites so I can't answer any questions about them. I'm just passing on something I stumbled across.
    Last edited by MarkY; 11/09/2006 at 08:14 PM.
    I knew about the google one, but not the youtube, good find...thanks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I hope the "click link in Blazer to open it in Kinoma" will work on the Treo 650.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You tube link works and opens up Kinoma4x on my 700p.
    Same here works as stated, click on the link & up comes Kinoma.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Same here works as stated, click on the link & up comes Kinoma.
    Works much better than searching with the rss tags in kinoma. It even gives multiple pages unlike the rss tags.
    Last edited by pool_shark; 11/16/2006 at 09:10 AM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    For the last day or so, loading YouTube videos has been difficult, if not impossible.

I am having problems, whether I try to load from within Kinoma or when I go to the Mobile YouTube website.

I have no problems loading Google Videos.
    My internet connection does not seem slow.

Anyone else having YouTube connection issues?

Jeff
    It's working great for me. I have to get another SD card I've downloaded so many clips.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks Pool Shark.

YouTube was working fine for me until yesterday.
    I can't figure out why it would suddenly hang up.

Jeff
    Anyone get the Browser Error 'Link type not supported?'

Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    From the Kinoma Forum.

Apparently this is an early version of a mobile YouTube site and I haven't tried it yet. Take it for what it's worth but it looks interesting (www.doitgo.com). Supposedly the Browse/Channels/Categories/Featured sections are not yet supported but will be soon.

EDIT: The Search function seems to work.

There is also a Google video site (www.mgvids.com).

You should access the sites from Blazer and the links will open in Kinoma.

Please note, I'm not affiliated with the sites so I can't answer any questions about them. I'm just passing on something I stumbled across.

Yeah...those are actually two web sites which *I* created. (If you really really don't believe me then...um...I dunno...I'll post something on the site to tell ya).

One thing: the mobile youtube page is not mobetube.com (I had it up on a random domain I had from a while back... but mobetube is the new "official* page) I know it's kinda a lame-sounding url...but it was the best I could do.

the whole "link not supported" There are some issues involving the fact that the sites use asx files. Hence, the ASX file needs to be associated with the proper app (kinoma). You need to use an exchange/association manager to do this. Resco Explorer works well. Getdeblu also works (and is free).

I prolly oughta put my e-mail addy on the sites er something... Yea...I'll do that tomorrow.

A couple things.

Mgvids

Known issues:

-Some pages do not have all the proper links
    -Occasionally Thumbnails do not load
    -Sometimes give javascript error if you click the link before page is 100% loaded (annoying as hell..but it seems to be a blazer issue)

Features coming soon: (Like next week or so).

- Catagories will soon be up (IE: Featured/Comedy/Music ect)
    - Show coments
    - Limit search by video duration

Coming (a little less soon)

- Advanced search

Mtube:

Known issues:

- Search works fine, but some of the groups/channels pages and that sort of thing sometimes gets a little buggy (because they sometimes use werid formating)

- Limited info avaliable on video page (IE: You can't see the coments and all the video responses. This is intentional, to save space on a small 320X320 screen).

- Need to improve PHP effeciency on a few pages

Youtube is considerably more complicated and has more features and a less standardized interface. For this reason, please excuse the page if it occasionally has a dead link of something or other issues. This project is being worked on and will hopefully be more polished up as time goes on.

Plese note that Mtube does not support features which require you to login. This is due to security concerns. My best advice is this: If you want to post a coment or subscribe to something, use the fuill version. You can still use mtube to view the videos.

Simply replace www.youtube.com with www.mobetube.com

so www.youtube.com/watch?v=******** would be www.mobetube.com********
  12.    #12  
    drbuzzo, thanks for putting these sites together and posting the tips and suggestions above.
    Edit: One mistake in the above tips. It's not mobetube.com/xxxxx, it'd be mobetube.com/watch?v=xxxxx where xxxxx is the characters in the youtube URL that indicate the video ID. In other words, just replace the domain :-D
    awesome idea! thanks!

EDIT #1: I'm getting 404 errors in Kinoma for Google Videos. (I chose a topic to search like "python" and clicked on a particular video, then clicked on the Kinoma link. Kinoma opened, but eventually showed a 404 error in the lower-right.) I'm asking in case I'm doing something obviously wrong. I'll put more time into investingating this on my own later if noone knows the answer.

EDIT #2: Got the same looking 404 with a youtube video too.

thankx, -- Bob
    Last edited by sudoer; 11/21/2006 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    awesome idea! thanks!

EDIT #1: I'm getting 404 errors in Kinoma for Google Videos. (I chose a topic to search like "python" and clicked on a particular video, then clicked on the Kinoma link. Kinoma opened, but eventually showed a 404 error in the lower-right.) I'm asking in case I'm doing something obviously wrong. I'll put more time into investingating this on my own later if noone knows the answer.

EDIT #2: Got the same looking 404 with a youtube video too.

thankx, -- Bob
    It still isn't working tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpgeek View Post
    It still isn't working tonight.
    I realized this AM what I did wrong, but proceeded to leave my hotsync cable at home. The problem is/was that I had hard-reset my treo and only reloaded some apps. Kinom4 EX was not one of them. So that explains why the link didn't work with the free Kinoma in ROM. Will probalby install Kinoma later tonight.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    I realized this AM what I did wrong, but proceeded to leave my hotsync cable at home. The problem is/was that I had hard-reset my treo and only reloaded some apps. Kinom4 EX was not one of them. So that explains why the link didn't work with the free Kinoma in ROM. Will probalby install Kinoma later tonight.
    Thanks for the tip. I bought Kinoma 4 EX this evening. The sad part is I am always getting insufficient bandwidth messages. It must be where my house is located. I have EVDO service right now; it just might be a bit poor.
    The bandwith message happens, it still buffers and plays, mine does anyway.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    People with Kinoma 4ex on other palm devices and wi-fi even get "Insufficient Bandwidth" messages. If it plays, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    im trying to play mobetube stream files on my 700p with kinoma 4ex and i keep getting insufficient bandwidth... it wont play at all. (and yes, im running in an EVDO area) any ideas? : /
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast