Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do you have the stream to download option checked? If not, check it.
    where is that option? i tried lookin for it on the player.. hmmmmm
    nevermind.. i found it! =P but now i dont get any video.. i just get audio. When i go to mgvids or mobetube, do i click on stream or download file? Because when i try downloading it, i get an error window that it cant do that.
    Is anyone getting just audio and no video when trying to play google or youtube videos with kinoma 4?
    Combine these two with the Palm app Wassdat and you're in complete control.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chita79 View Post
    im trying to play mobetube stream files on my 700p with kinoma 4ex and i keep getting insufficient bandwidth... it wont play at all. (and yes, im running in an EVDO area) any ideas? : /
    You'll want to make sure you have downloading prefered over streaming checked. This works better with the 700p with EVDO, and is pretty much 100% necessary with devices that don't have high speed.

Generally Kinoma can bandwidth throttle a bit if you're on the edge of the bitrate, but it's only so good
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    I generally stream, and if my signal isn't great, I get buffering pauses a lot.

I noticed that when I'm in my apartment (5th floor), I get a lot of buffering, but when I'm street level, I get smooth playback.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by drbuzzo View Post
    You'll want to make sure you have downloading prefered over streaming checked. This works better with the 700p with EVDO, and is pretty much 100% necessary with devices that don't have high speed.

Generally Kinoma can bandwidth throttle a bit if you're on the edge of the bitrate, but it's only so good
    i have that checked in the settings.. hmmmm.. the weird part is that im getting audio but the video is black. I am in a very fast evdo area here in san diego as well. It makes no sense to me... any other ideas? : /
    Have you posted your problems on the Kinoma Forum or contacted Kinoma support?
    ill try doing that... i get a message on the bottom that also says "video quality reduced during download" all i get is audio, and no video (even when using the kinoma media guide and get to the top rated youtube videos listing)
    ill try doing that... i get a message on the bottom that also says "video quality reduced during download" all i get is audio, and no video (even when using the kinoma media guide and get to the top rated youtube videos listing)
    Just observed this problem. In a low bandwidth EVDO area, but should download to card and then play. Only audio. Please let us know what you learn from the Kinoma forum.
    Daddoo
    Palm Pilot 500-->M505-->T2-->E2--->700p
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Any findings on the video problems yet? i don't seem to have any problems streaming, but when it does play, the audio is there but as with the other people, no video coming through...

also...if I download a file to my card (instead of streaming) how can I play it in the kinoma player? I can't find anything in the menu's for opening a file, only a url.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    Any findings on the video problems yet? i don't seem to have any problems streaming, but when it does play, the audio is there but as with the other people, no video coming through...

also...if I download a file to my card (instead of streaming) how can I play it in the kinoma player? I can't find anything in the menu's for opening a file, only a url.
    YouTube and all other video streams that the player knows how to play stream fine for me, audio and video. This is on a 700p on Sprint. What model Treo are you using and on what carrier?

That bar of icons across the bottom of the player's screen control what media you want to watch or listen to. Video, audio, the Media guide, bookmarks and so on. Highlight each one and tap the five way's center button to invoke it. The far right hand icon, the one that looks like three little squares shows a combination of everything the other icons show individually, but in a comprehensive, scrolling list

There's an update version of the player in Beta test. New features. Cached scanning each time you run it so if nothing has changed the scan will be close to instantaneous. "Breadcrumbs" so you can find your way back through the Media guide's many levels the same way you came in. Other stuff. I can't give you a release date because I don't know it and even if I did, I wouldn't. It's up to Kinoma to announce new versions of their products and I don't work for them
    But the player works fine for me and I've used it for hundreds of hours

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser View Post
    YouTube and all other video streams that the player knows how to play stream fine for me, audio and video. This is on a 700p on Sprint. What model Treo are you using and on what carrier?

That bar of icons across the bottom of the player's screen control what media you want to watch or listen to. Video, audio, the Media guide, bookmarks and so on. Highlight each one and tap the five way's center button to invoke it. The far right hand icon, the one that looks like three little squares shows a combination of everything the other icons show individually, but in a comprehensive, scrolling list

Harv
    I'm on a Cingular 680 to answer the first part.

as for the icon bar at the bottom I figured that part out, except the videos that I've downloaded from mobetube don't show up in the kinoma list to play. I even moved them from the original downloaded folder into the palm/programs/kinoma folder on my SD card. still nothing.

I did go through the media guide a bit to see if it was all video that wasn't working or just the youtube stuff. so far it seems to be just the youtube stuff. I was able to load a few of the webcams and I got one of the TV stations to load (choppy but it loaded)

anyone?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I'm on a Cingular 680 to answer the first part.

as for the icon bar at the bottom I figured that part out, except the videos that I've downloaded from mobetube don't show up in the kinoma list to play. I even moved them from the original downloaded folder into the palm/programs/kinoma folder on my SD card. still nothing.

I did go through the media guide a bit to see if it was all video that wasn't working or just the youtube stuff. so far it seems to be just the youtube stuff. I was able to load a few of the webcams and I got one of the TV stations to load (choppy but it loaded)

anyone?
    Hmm.. well at this point, I suggest you detail all of this to support@kinoma.com and see what they have to say. You might also want to go to their Web site, join their Forums, and post your problems there too. They are aggressively supporting this new program. All I can say is that it works for me, but I can't tell you if it's because I'm using a 700p on Sprint and you're using a 680 on Cingular, or if it's something else

Sorry, I hate not having the exact, precise solution for you but this is one of those cases where I don't.. but don't give up

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..

I am having the same problem. I am in chicago and I can watch Sprint TV perfectly.....however, I just upgraded to kinoma 4 ex and when i go to mobetube.com to watch videos...all i get is audio...no video....i understand that if you normally open up kinoma...there are options for video, audio, etc. However, when it opens through mobetube.com, those options don't show up

I also tried accessing kinoma forums, but it seems they are shutdown...any ideas anyone?? Help
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palakdesai View Post
    I am having the same problem. I am in chicago and I can watch Sprint TV perfectly.....however, I just upgraded to kinoma 4 ex and when i go to mobetube.com to watch videos...all i get is audio...no video....i understand that if you normally open up kinoma...there are options for video, audio, etc. However, when it opens through mobetube.com, those options don't show up

I also tried accessing kinoma forums, but it seems they are shutdown...any ideas anyone?? Help
    I don't know what problem you're having is but when I try it, it
    works fine for me, I can stream anything on the mobetube site in
    the player and I get both audio and video just fine with Kinoma Player 4 EX.

You don't say what carrier your Treo is on or what model it is. As you may know if you read my reviews, mine (700p and 650).. are on Sprint and their unlimited data means unlimited data and mobetube.com works fine. On my 700p, Kinoma Player 4 EX is installed in internal memory with about 40mb free. There's also a 1gb card in the phone which is about 9/10ths full. I haven't used mobetube.com for a few weeks so when I read your post, I just tried it again to make sure. Loaded the page in Blazer, told it to search for "baby snakes zappa" (without the quote marks..) .. got a couple
    of hits of Frank Zappa's mind-bending Claymation videos, clicked on one,
    clicked on stream, Blazer chewed on it for a few seconds, then Kinoma Player 4 EX opened, it buffered, and started playing both audio and video at full speed just fine

Harv
    Is anyone getting just audio and no video when trying to play google or youtube videos with kinoma 4?

I am....did you resolve this at all?

You don't say what carrier your Treo is on or what model it is. As you may know if you read my reviews, mine (700p and 650).. are on Sprint and their unlimited data means unlimited data and mobetube.com works fine. On my 700p, Kinoma Player 4 EX is installed in internal memory with about 40mb free. There's also a 1gb card in the phone which is about 9/10ths full. I haven't used mobetube.com for a few weeks so when I read your post, I just tried it again to make sure. Loaded the page in Blazer, told it to search for "baby snakes zappa" (without the quote marks..) .. got a couple
    clicked on stream, Blazer chewed on it for a few seconds, then Kinoma Player 4 EX opened, it buffered, and started playing both audio and video at full speed just fine

Harv

I tried this again...i only get audio...no video

However,I have tried zoovision.com i get video and audio..i wonder why this is

Harv

I live in chicago...have a 700p and have sprint with unlimited EVDO...i can watch any videos on zoovision.com or from sprint tv..however...not through mobetube.com...hmm
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast