Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 84
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    My local Cingular store is getting the 680 next week......
    Now where have I heard that before?
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    I am reading the same BS posts over and over again, only posted by different people. Generally, the people who post this have 1-2 posts.

    Copy the e-mail and post it online to make yourself credible. Otherwise, don't waste time registering.
    TC is about fun. Can you say, "Silly Season?" The very last thing that it is about is credibility. One cannot talk about Palm and credibility in the same place, much less the same thread. Disinformation is an important part of Palm's business strategy; TC is its medium and amplifier.
  3. SG2
    SG2 is offline
    SG2's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Now where have I heard that before?
    For what it's worth, unlike many who come up with the "new Treo 15000 Super-Lite" posts claiming they know all sorts of classified info, I'm not one to make up useless stories. I run a huge business and don't have the time or patience to dilly-dally around waiting for devices that will benefit what I do. Thus, as no one knows what to believe with these phones, I am getting the 680 next week, wishing the 750 was available. How different things are between markets remains a mystery, but hopefully all of this will be answered soon so that folks can start creating stories of new phones, useless stories, and rants over wishlists. Still countin' the days, sg2
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by stl08 View Post
    I am reading the same BS posts over and over again, only posted by different people. Generally, the people who post this have 1-2 posts.

    Copy the e-mail and post it online to make yourself credible. Otherwise, don't waste time registering.
    However, Cingular has FINALLY released 2 other phones it was holding out on. There's new hope for the 680! Cingular would do well to release the 680 around or immediately after Thanksgiving.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    However, Cingular has FINALLY released 2 other phones it was holding out on. There's new hope for the 680! Cingular would do well to release the 680 around or immediately after Thanksgiving.
    Speaking of which.... what's the story on the Samsung.
  6. #66  
    It's one of the two that's out, but I don't know if I'm getting that one. I am not a fan of Smartphone. The 8525 is finally here though, YAHOO!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #67  
    In the "Can You Believe This" category, I got tired of surfing the web & reading these posts about the release date of the T680 so I popped into a Radio Shack & asked if they knew when the device would be available. The Mgr looked into his inventory and then called his Cingular Rep who told him Radio Shack had opted out of carrying that phone and could not help me. That doesn't sound good.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    However, Cingular has FINALLY released 2 other phones it was holding out on. There's new hope for the 680! Cingular would do well to release the 680 around or immediately after Thanksgiving.
    I do not understand this reasoning. It seems to me that the more phones they announce that are not Palm, the less, not more, likely they are to announce a Palm phone.
  9. #69  
    It means Cingular is finally getting off it's a$$ and releasing phones people have been waiting for.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by SG2 View Post
    For what it's worth, unlike many who come up with the "new Treo 15000 Super-Lite" posts claiming they know all sorts of classified info, I'm not one to make up useless stories. I run a huge business and don't have the time or patience to dilly-dally around waiting for devices that will benefit what I do. Thus, as no one knows what to believe with these phones, I am getting the 680 next week, wishing the 750 was available. How different things are between markets remains a mystery, but hopefully all of this will be answered soon so that folks can start creating stories of new phones, useless stories, and rants over wishlists. Still countin' the days, sg2
    I hope that you get your 680 as you hope but, if you do, I will be surprised. Those, including me, more times than once, who order Palm products that are not already shipping are disappointed more often than not. I had three firm dates on a 600 from a distributor that I trusted. After weeks of waiting, I finally cancelled. After another couple of weeks, he stopped taking orders. I finally got the phone two months later from another distributor.

    I am willing to accept that the Cingular store really expects to be able to fill your order. History with Palm says they will not.

    The 650 is a good phone and it is shipping. All else is vaporware.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It means Cingular is finally getting off it's a$$ and releasing phones people have been waiting for.
    It takes two to tango. I understand that you would like to lay the delay at the feet of Cingular. Howeve, Cingular is only one channel and the 680 only one Palm product. It is not available in any channel and Silly Season goes on and on and on and............

    Perry, where are you?
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Speaking of which.... what's the story on the Samsung.
    i have the samsung i320n (which is almost identical to blackjack). all i can say is that WM is horrible!! it is not intuitive to navigate (takes me forever to get to certain settings) also, keyboard is very cramped (and i have small girl fingers!)

    on a positive note, phone quality is good and internet works pretty well (I have cingular). also, syncs with outlook pretty easily and call log maintains a lot more numbers than my past phones!
  13. #73  
    oh no...680 delayed for how long???

    http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/16/bre...urer-screw-up/
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by gina77 View Post
    oh no...680 delayed for how long???

    http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/16/bre...urer-screw-up/
    Welcome to the world of Palm. What do you want to bet that they will neither confirm nor deny the story? I note that TC is silent. Scooped?
    Last edited by whmurray; 11/16/2006 at 12:31 PM.
  15. Shucks's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #75  
    That is just scary!! If Palm wants to wow this crowd, how bout' a much smaller form factor. Dare I say, Clamshell?? (Sorry having a 7135 flashback)
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

    REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  16. #76  
    This may or may not be true, but why assume they are right? This is just another silly rumor without any facts to back it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Welcome to the world of Palm. What do you want to bet that they will neither confirm nor deny the story? I note that TC is silent. Scooped?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  17. stl08's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    This may or may not be true, but why assume they are right? This is just another silly rumor without any facts to back it up.
    Silly season seems to go on year round. I hate it. How do you find it amusing?

    Because you have a 750v and therefore aren't looking for credible information since you already have what everyone is dying for. Tell me, how does it feel to be at the top?
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    This may or may not be true, but why assume they are right? This is just another silly rumor without any facts to back it up.
    I agree that it is nothing more than a rumor and I did not intend to make any assumption or implication as to its veracity. My point is that when dealing with Palm, rumors are as good as it gets. Their leaks, "announcements," and executive quotes are so ambiguous not to say, misleading, as to make things worse.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I agree that it is nothing more than a rumor and I did not intend to make any assumption or implication as to its veracity. My point is that when dealing with Palm, rumors are as good as it gets. Their leaks, "announcements," and executive quotes are so ambiguous not to say, misleading, as to make things worse.
    the latest thing i read on gizmodo was that a bunch of the 680's were shipped with the mic wire not connected at all. so it had to get all shipped back to PALM for the connection
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  20. #80  
    Well here's another one of those posts:

    I spoke to Roshod (?) at the Cingular kiosk at the Stanford Shopping Center, associated with the corporate store in DT Palo Alto and he said that the release date for the Cingular Treo 680 is November 27th.
    Latest moBlog shot:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions