Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    tell him to buy a half dozen 750v's and try to resell them on ebay
    Make sure he lists the return address as Singapore...

Good one Raw, LOL!
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    So I went in to my cingular store and asked if they had any news as to when they will be getting the new treos and the guy behind the counter was like you mean this and handed me the 680 model ( no guts just the case ) he then said that it was scheduled for the 15th but said he wouldnt hold his breath because they were most likely going to be pushed back. When I asked about the 750 he looked at me with a blank stare and said oh you mean the 780 ( shows what he knows ) and then said that he didnt know when they would be getting it. I have to tell it was very nice to actually be able to hold the phone in my hands after reading about it so much it seems much smaller than the 700 its crazy. This has only made me want it even more .... Stupid Cingular just release the dang thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsaa View Post
    So I went in to my cingular store and asked if they had any news as to when they will be getting the new treos and the guy behind the counter was like you mean this and handed me the 680 model ( no guts just the case ) he then said that it was scheduled for the 15th but said he wouldnt hold his breath because they were most likely going to be pushed back. ....
    I was in Cingular store at the Carlsbad, CA outlets on Friday, Nov 10th (yes, true Cingular not authorized dealer). They had demo of 680 that I got to play with as they were starting to re-arrange the display to remove 650...

Rep said that it should post online sometime this week (week of Nov 13th), but that it takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for the actual stores to receive the phone because of the distribution capabilities (or lack thereof) of Cingular. So, it is possible something is coming out this week -- just definitely not available in a brick&mortar store...here's to hoping
    I went to a 4 day old store yesterday (one that had opened just 4 days ago, which quickly explained why I hadn't seen it in thta shopping center that I've been going to every week for months now). Same thing, but they had no demo. "Not sure when it will be available."

Then there was the question: "So are you sure that the Treo is the right solution for you?"

Mercy... about bust a gut trying not to laugh before walking out of the store...

I was behind a Cingular rep in the checkout line at the grocery store. It was a 10 item or less express lane and the ******* had 11 items. I asked him when the Treo 9000 was coming out and he said November 31. Just FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    I was behind a Cingular rep in the checkout line at the grocery store. It was a 10 item or less express lane and the ******* had 11 items. I asked him when the Treo 9000 was coming out and he said November 31. Just FYI.
    Hey. I had 10 items not 11.
    Hi,
    Afterwork i went to two different Cingular stores near me and the first said end of the month (guy didnt seem like he knew anything) and the second said available december 1st (this guy has always known about releases and limited edition runs) so i am going to believe december 1st sale date. If history repeats its self we will get an announcement about three-five days before the actual sale. So i am going to calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDs10e View Post
    Thanks for a good laugh.

My Mom's best friend's sister in-law knows a guy who's friends with the neighbor across the street and she knows a Cingular rep who told her they were coming out tomorrow. Just FYI.
    Brandon
    I heard that hangliders are going to be the first to carry the treo 680. Whats up with that. So much for the average consumer. If anyone knows a hanglider in their neighborhood, consider making friends with them.
    I figured out that by entering a special keycode on your Treo 650, it will buzz and whirr, release a puff of smoke, and then transform itself into a brand spanking new 680! I plan to auction this code off on eBay this afternoon. Stay tuned!
    krludwig, can I do a buy it now for that code and send you a Western Union money order for payment? lol
    Brandon
    Found out today that my next door neighbor's next door neighbor is dying to get their hands on one of these too. I've been talking to him online, via text messages, and in conversation for several days straight about how anxious we are to get a new 680. Even found out he's a Canes fan...

Quote Originally Posted by RawData View Post
    Found out today that my next door neighbor's next door neighbor is dying to get their hands on one of these too. I've been talking to him online, via text messages, and in conversation for several days straight about how anxious we are to get a new 680. Even found out he's a Canes fan...

Yawn,

even the jokes are getting boring.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  16. SG2
    My local Cingular store is getting the 680 next week. I just did an on-hold order, too. I really want the 750 but I can't keep waiting so this will hold me over, particularly because he was saying that the 750 should have been released already but they were pulled for problems of some sort. Thus, he was skeptical of a 2006 release, which doesn't surprise me because if you think about the holiday season, why have two new items the same time? Palm will sell a ton of 680's before the end of the year and then roll out the 750 soon after, getting those who just bought a 680 to buy a 750...common business practice, and I'm one to fall for it. Will report next week on what the phone is like....Oh, and it was $299 less a $100 rebate. I thought about the Nokia E62, but something about it just didn't do it for me.
    [QUOTE My local Cingular store is getting the 680 next week. ...QUOTE]

Where are you located? thanks...
  18. SG2
    Quote Originally Posted by gina77 View Post
    [QUOTE My local Cingular store is getting the 680 next week. ...QUOTE]

Where are you located? thanks...
    I'm in Baltimore, Maryland
    Nov 20th release Cingulars handset emails for the winter stated this, The 750 would be out Dec 5th
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I am reading the same BS posts over and over again, only posted by different people. Generally, the people who post this have 1-2 posts.

Copy the e-mail and post it online to make yourself credible. Otherwise, don't waste time registering.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast