Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. morrie's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #41  
    thank you, $429 is no bargain but the $40 plan is a ripoff.
    morris stalk
  2. #42  
    it actually depends. if you have a friend tthat works at a company store he'll set u up on the cheaper plan. When i was on CW, a young man at the store knew i had a PDA but still only put me on the cheaper plan. I just didnt abuse the priviledge and things were cool
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  3. OnTheFly's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #43  
    As has been noted before, it often depends on who you talk to at cingular. (by the way it does appear that in order to get the $100 rebate you need the PDAconnect but you CAN get the phone for $299 w/o rebate with just voice from what Kathy (see below) told me) But regarding the whole $20 vs. $40 plan thing I was told two different things at two different Cingular stores. One woman (didn't get her name) told me there was no way to bundle the MediaMax plan with the Treo and if I "knew someone who had switched out their sim in order to do so, then Cingular would audit them and back charge them $.01 for every kb used". The next day, at another cingular store, "Kathy" actually suggested the MediaMax plan to me for my pending Treo 680. She said it was a great deal. I asked her if she could do it for me and she said, "sure, just come in when you get it and I'll be happy to ake care of it." Needless to say I remembered her name and am still carrying her card around in my wallet.

    Kathy from cingular on Main St...Kathy from cingular on main st...kathy from cingular on main st...kathy from cingular on main st...

    it all depends on which rep you talk to!
  4. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFly View Post
    Kathy from cingular on Main St...Kathy from cingular on main st...kathy from cingular on main st...kathy from cingular on main st...
    You sound just like someone who just got a date :-D
  5. #45  
    I'm pretty sure this was the case with the 650 as well oh so long ago, but I got the rebate with a phone only order and a 2 year extension on my contract..hopefully the same will be true either with the 680 or the 750...you think us Cingular Blue folks are going to have to switch?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6. OnTheFly's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    You sound just like someone who just got a date :-D
    Don't tell my wife!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec View Post
    If you want the $199 price tag, you need to sign up for the $40 data plan. That was part of the PPT presentation that was floating around a couple of weeks ago.

    If you want to buy the phone with no new commitment, you can keep your old data plan, but you have to pay $429 for that. Cheaper in the long run, actually, but more money up front.
    IIRC from the promo material there were separate different price points for voice only and data + voice commitments. Speaking to my Treo-toting Cingular rep, I found out that if you buy the Treo at a Cingular brick & mortar store, they are required to sell you a data plan at the same time (because they are so expensive, they only stock a few per store and need to make the sales worth their while). If you buy it online at the Cingular website, you can choose the voice or voice/data package that works for you (though it might take a bit of work online or on the phone to get a MEdia plan instead of a smartphone or PDA plan).

    The other interesting thing he told me was that I could cancel the $40/month plan after a minimum of six months if it isn't right for my needs, even if I signed up for the two-year rebate. The contract was for a service commitment.
  8. mrjoec's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by jh_sanders View Post
    IIRC from the promo material there were separate different price points for voice only and data + voice commitments. Speaking to my Treo-toting Cingular rep, I found out that if you buy the Treo at a Cingular brick & mortar store, they are required to sell you a data plan at the same time (because they are so expensive, they only stock a few per store and need to make the sales worth their while). If you buy it online at the Cingular website, you can choose the voice or voice/data package that works for you (though it might take a bit of work online or on the phone to get a MEdia plan instead of a smartphone or PDA plan).

    The other interesting thing he told me was that I could cancel the $40/month plan after a minimum of six months if it isn't right for my needs, even if I signed up for the two-year rebate. The contract was for a service commitment.
    Very interesting. But I'm still going to wait for Palm to release it unlocked, because I want it in white, and I don't want to commit to another two years with Cingular.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions