1.    #1  
    To the point that 3 of ten presses don't register. Very frustrating to the point where I will ask Sprint to swap my 700P out after 6 months of fairly reliable service.

I know best practice would be fresh install for all apps, but could I simply restore new device with BackupMan from SD with little problem?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Are you sure it's not a physical problem with the keypad?

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  3.    #3  
    meaning what? Liquid or somethig else causing the key to miss?

Pretty certai that's not it. First, I take good care of device, second, key feels normal, just now ad agai it misses (like the examples in this post, I edited/changed nothing and the "n" missed 3 or more times).

Is my thinkig correct that I'm more likely to get ew from Sprint store vs refurb compared to calling *2?
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    You know, I've had this very same problem. The "n" key just sometimes doesn't seem to register. I'm beginning to think this is yet another in a long list of bugs - though probably hardware related.
    on your other question - since you may be going from a 700p to another 700p, I would do a Backupman restore instead of a completly new re-install.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    on your other question - since you may be going from a 700p to another 700p, I would do a Backupman restore instead of a completly new re-install.
    Thanks...so just provision, then restore from BackupMan from SD card? Meaning I could do it right at the store when picking up the replacement? The sad thing is, I've gotten this device, with a decent amount of third-party apps, pretty stable at this point. Hoping BUM performs well...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
  7.    #7  
    Well, after having Sprint switch out the device (which they will only do if you have insurance), I simply used BackupMan to get the new phone all set up.

All is fine though the screen is a bit dimmer/more of a bluish tint vs my earlier 700P (both are hardware revA, first built 5/2006, this one 8/2006). Phone worked fine for three days until I installed the new NFL app. Since that time I'm getting immediate resets, and ##377# shows apps failing that I haven't used for quite a while. Removed the NFL app, but still have issues.

I'm going to revert back to earlier backup and see if that solves the problem. My last device was fairly rock solid, with no unanticipated resets, so if I have to start from scratch here I'll be a bit disappointed.
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory