1.    #1  
    Hi Marc,

On my Sprint Treo 700p with ChatterEmail 2.1.3+ installed, when I delete a message from Chatter's Inbox, I notice this will in fact also delete the same message from the Inbox when I log onto America On Line. This is normal, and this works well as to be expected.

However, if I sent an email to someone through my Treo using Chatter, and I then go to Chatter's TreoSent box and delete that same email, I have noticed that this same message does NOT get deleted from my America On Line account. The same email that I deleted from my Chatter's TreoSent box in fact remains alive on AOL's server. Why is this?

Can you or anyone else confirm this? Is there a fix for this?

On a related note, if I use another program "AOL 3.3" from Handango, and do the same thing of deleting a sent email, this will in fact actually delete the email from AOL's server. Granted, AOL 3.3 is a very rudimentary email app and pales severely to Chatter, but it can actually delete sent emails from AOL's server. Otherwise, there is nothing else of redeeming value for AOL 3.3!

Why would I need this to work right someone might ask? Well, let's just say that sometimes I have to be worried about prying eyes from significant others who might come across stuff I don't want them to see.

Thanks, Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    TreoSent isn't linked in any way to AOL's sent items; it's purely a local mailbox. To do what you want, you'd need to create a Mailbox in Chatter for AOL's Sent Items and delete it from THERE.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    TreoSent isn't linked in any way to AOL's sent items; it's purely a local mailbox. To do what you want, you'd need to create a Mailbox in Chatter for AOL's Sent Items and delete it from THERE.

Marc

Hi Marc,

I cannot figure out how to add a new folder called "Sent Items" in Chatter. Can you give me pointers or steer me in the right direction?

Once I figure out how to do the above, are you saying to initially delete emails and have it first redirected to the newly created Sent Items folder, and then as a separate step to then delete everything within the Sent Items folder in Chatter?

Thanks,
    Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    You need to create a mail box on the mail server, let us call it Treo Sent - after creating the mail box called Treo Sent, then go to the main mail box for the server you are working on and Edit Mailbox, Other, and enable the "Upload sent items to...." option, then tap the down arrow and select the corresponding server side mailbox.

Ben