1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is there a way to have versamail check for new email automatically? I thought I figured it out when I went into preference/autosync. I checked "sync automatically" every 30 minutes, starting at 12:00am and ending at 12:00pm, but it doesnt seem to be working. I have all the days checked i think, they are dark, not light. Maybe this means they arent checked and I should make them all light instead? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    You seem to be doing everything right, IMHO VersaMail is a P.O.S. application, especially the "autosync" feature. I support 12 users with Treo 650s and ALL have trouble with "AutoSync", it should be called AutoSuck.

I'm switching from a POP provider to an IMAP provider hoping it gets better.
    If you switch to IMAP then you should get Chatter and see how the better half lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by audit View Post
    If you switch to IMAP then you should get Chatter and see how the better half lives.
    I have put Chatter on my phone and am VERY happy with it....I've been delaying the purchase of it for my other 12 users (primarily due to "training" issues), not so much cost....

Does VersaMail really do push/IMAP? I asked here --

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128417
    I'm not a "chatter-folk" as you call it, as a matter of fact I'm in the middle of changing over to a 700w device or waiting for the 700wx to come out because I don't really like the way that chatter handles Exchange but that's just me.

The OP said he was looking at IMAP since Versamail isn't syncing the way he would like and Versamail is great as a base e-mail program if you don't need subfolder access and INSTANT e-mail access. IMHO, Business people that need instant e-mail and stable e-mail should be on Blackberry's on a BES server if at all possible. I haven't tried the WM5 + Exchange SP2 yet but from what I've been told by good friends is that it's just as fast and since the Treo allows a person to do more on it then a BB, it may be a better option.
  6.    #6  
    Zelgo does raise a valid point. I am interested in getting my versamail to synch automatically. Not really interested in Chatter at this point. Any insight on how to get the versamail autosynch to work would be appreciated. It did seem to work the first night I set it up, I woke up and I had some emails, but now it seems to have stopped working. Under delivery options, what do you guys put for max message size? I have 5 kb, which is the default.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    The original question was about VERSAMAIL. It is so freaking annoying when you Chatter-lovers have to throw in your 2 cents EVERY TIME.

I hate it when nearly EVERY email question thread is hijacked by Chatter-folks, and its becomes a Chatter-love-fest.

Sure, Chatter is a great program, but it's is NOT the answer to EVERY Treo email question. You guys are so predictable!

Umm Zelgo, my reference to Chatter was brief, my "hijacking" was to followup with a very related question about VersaMail --- does VersaMail actually do "push" or do I need to try to make AutoSync work?

Maybe if you actually added value to the convo vs. trolling we would be grateful...give it a try

edit: or answer my post over here maybe....http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=128417
    Last edited by dgknox; 11/09/2006 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob7582 View Post
    Zelgo does raise a valid point. I am interested in getting my versamail to synch automatically. Not really interested in Chatter at this point. Any insight on how to get the versamail autosynch to work would be appreciated. It did seem to work the first night I set it up, I woke up and I had some emails, but now it seems to have stopped working. Under delivery options, what do you guys put for max message size? I have 5 kb, which is the default.
    The max size doesn't matter as it will just download part of the message and then you will see a envolope to download the rest of the message if it's bigger then 5 kb. Check the times and see if it works while your at the office.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by audit View Post
    The max size doesn't matter as it will just download part of the message and then you will see a envolope to download the rest of the message if it's bigger then 5 kb. Check the times and see if it works while your at the office.
    Yeah I seem to be having better luck with it now, I adjusted the times. At first I thought if I had it from 12am to 12pm, that would cover 24 hours (midnight to midnight), but I think it only covered 12 hours (midnight to noon). That may be why it worked at first two nights ago, but wasnt working yesterday while I was at work in the afternoon. I did some tests, and it seems to be working now. I have it set to autosynch every 5 mintues. It warns me that this will drain my battery, is this true? I did receive some emails that were bigger than 5 kb, and did see the envelope and tried to download the rest of the message, but it didnt seem to work.
    Sure it be harder on the battery but that's because it's working more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob7582 View Post
    Yeah I seem to be having better luck with it now, I adjusted the times. At first I thought if I had it from 12am to 12pm, that would cover 24 hours (midnight to midnight), but I think it only covered 12 hours (midnight to noon). That may be why it worked at first two nights ago, but wasnt working yesterday while I was at work in the afternoon. I did some tests, and it seems to be working now. I have it set to autosynch every 5 mintues. It warns me that this will drain my battery, is this true? I did receive some emails that were bigger than 5 kb, and did see the envelope and tried to download the rest of the message, but it didnt seem to work.
    Hi Bob!

Yes, it will drain the battery faster. Checking for mail is just like a phone call -- transmit and recieve functions are performed and the Treo is "woke" up for at least 2 minutes, 12 times an hour -- something like a 24 minute phone call every hour. If you need every 5 minutes -- I would suggest carrying a spare battery -- or you could back off to every 15 or 20 minutes.

You can also set you download size maximum to above 5kb in your VersaMaill account set up on your Treo: Open VersaMail to the account you want to change -- select menu, options, preferences, delivery options -- set the max message size to your desired amount. . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/09/2006 at 01:32 PM.