1.    #1  
    Hi,

I got a treo 650 from ebay. As per the seller the antenna jack was lost, he said that there was no problem with the signal though.

But for me when I insert the SIM it says "No Service".

Does this problem relates to antenna jack or some thing else ?

Any replies are appreciated.
    Are you saying that the external antenna is missing?
  3.    #3  
    not the external antenna, there is an antenna jack under the antenna on the back which is concealed under a rubber plug. That is missing.
    Don't the GSM models state "No Service" if they are locked and you put in another carrier's SIM?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I think mine is original and I have what appears to be a small brass ring attached to the board.
  6.    #6  
    It is CINGULAR and I am using CINGULAR too. Also it is unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Don't the GSM models state "No Service" if they are locked and you put in another carrier's SIM?
    I use the antenna jack all the time on my treo. I dont see how it could be missing unless the brass ring was pulled off the circuit board. In which case you may have problems withthe whole antenna circuitry.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #8  
    Frankly speaking I bought this on the ebay and the guy said he was using external antenna most of the time and at some point this was lost. He mentioned that there was no issue with the signal even with out the antenna jack. Attached is the picture on how it looks now.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I use the antenna jack all the time on my treo. I dont see how it could be missing unless the brass ring was pulled off the circuit board. In which case you may have problems withthe whole antenna circuitry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The little brass ring has been ripped off. (see attached) Must have broken the circuit. Should be possible for a technician to restore the connection to the external antenna, if that is what the problem is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think you bought this guy's Treo:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=antenna
    Quote Originally Posted by ayachetula View Post
    Frankly speaking I bought this on the ebay and the guy said he was using external antenna most of the time and at some point this was lost. He mentioned that there was no issue with the signal even with out the antenna jack. Attached is the picture on how it looks now.

Any help is appreciated.
    Send it back and get a refund.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Not mine! Nano at treotricks got mine working for a fair price http://treotricks.blogspot.com/
    Looks just like mine did though .I ripped mine out trying to take it apart. Good luck
    LOL...sorry Byron....I remembered seeing your thread a while back and this one sounded exactly like that. Hope he can get it working again.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayachetula View Post
    Frankly speaking I bought this on the ebay and the guy said he was using external antenna most of the time and at some point this was lost. He mentioned that there was no issue with the signal even with out the antenna jack.
    If I bought a Treo and the product description stated that the item is in working order (you're supposed to get a signal), then I'd send it back if I got anything other than a working Treo.
    yea, if you paid more than $50.00 you should try to get your $ back .
    nano; http://treotricks.blogspot.com/ ,fixed mine. had it back to me in 2 days.
    but really its never been as good as new. Also in about a 3 days,!!!**#%????!$$$!!!+?"? or so when the#@!*&? 680s come out ,you should be able to find a real good deal. good luck.Treos are like snow boarding, allot of stupid crashes at first but when its good...ooya!
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer View Post
    LOL...sorry Byron....I remembered seeing your thread a while back and this one sounded exactly like that. Hope he can get it working again.
    No wories O-town .That was a great call !