View Poll Results: Is your 700p a toy or tool?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toy

11 18.33%
  • Tool

49 81.67%
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    is your 700p a toy or a tool for you? Personally I'd currently consider mine a "toy". But, I have no doubt that once I'm out of college and further into my career it will become a valuable tool.
    Last edited by PDR447; 11/08/2006 at 11:49 PM. Reason: typo
    It's my one-stop convergence tool...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    A toy? Yeah, I have a few games. A tool? YES BY ALL MEANS! Ben
    Toy

I get online everywhere, it's my social MMORPG.
    I don't think I could manage my job (or my life) half as well without it. I suppose I could manage with a separate cell phone and BT enabled Palm organizer, but that wouldn't be nearly as efficient, I don't think.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Like meyerweb, I couldn't get by without it. It always keeps me ontime and helps me manage my life and job better then anything else I could imagine.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    could not get by without it, for a while had to carry cell phone, ipod, pda and all the chargers, now while travelling my treo 600 can do all those and more, I wish it was faster and other things but it has been rock solid, now about that 680?
    I found the 650 to be a major improvement over the 600, just for the keyboard and screen. The 680, with more memory, too, should be a no-brainer upgrade from a 600. Probably not worth it to upgrade from a 650, unless memory is a major constraint. (IMHO)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    The Treo 650 is a tool during work hours and a toy during off hours. It is more of a tool for me because I am on call 24/7 but I consider it both.
    Thank You,
    Chris Luce
    mr_cluce@yahoo.com
    You missed the Both option..
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Definately a tool that never leaves my side. But sometimes it is a toy. :shades:
    Cigar,
    VZW 755p
    VAJA Orange Case, Custom takephone skin (Thanks NachoB), Chatter, PalmRevolt, treolauncher, and a bunch of other stuff
    First and foremost, a necessary and highly functional tool that helps me work efficiently and effectively. But, since I have it anyway, definitely also use it as a toy for me and especially my kids.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Toy. I do use it for work, but a paper calendar and a free phone would actually work just as well. But it helps my ADD by being able to get my personal email, play games, look at pics, IM friends, look at pics and movies, surf the web, when I am not in the office. I even have massive work-related databases that no one else has that impresses people, but I rarely actually use them.
    I use HanDBase through the day - keeps track of what I do, when, vehicle maintenance, et cetera. Ben
    Definitely a tool, but with great side benefits, i.e., mobiltv, games, etc. I would be "lost" without it. I have been able to research cases while sitting in court, access jail records and other public documents as well as email clients during what would otherwise be "down" time.
    Legalbeagle