1.    #1  
    Well, we must be getting close cause I think this is the first "scam" auction for a 680. Only $250 too! lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-680-smartph...QQcmdZViewItem
    Brandon
    Shipping from Ohio, pay in India Rupies... uh, yeah right

Definitely a hijacked acct. and look at what else is magically being sold
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    In India?? Scam.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Awww, come on guys... you're missing out on the chance to be the first one with a 680!
    Brandon
    reported to ebay
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Perhaps even better is the category they chose to put it in.

Consumer Electronics > Car Electronics > Car CD Players > Other Car CD Players

Mmmmm. . . descriptive.
    FYI, I searched that same category for "Treo" and found a bunch more auctions. All are either under "ajcharliemax" or "lisamarie83", list the price in rupees, and ship from some location in the US (Ohio for ajcharliemax and Florida for lisamarie83).
    Actually it only ship to India. WTFLOL.
    hahaah awesome.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I'm too late they took the auction down..
  11.    #11  
    Here's another one that look a little more realistic (although I'd never bid on it).

Says the phone will ship on...drum roll please... November 29th!

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Palm-Treo-68...QQcmdZViewItem
    Brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post
    Here's another one that look a little more realistic (although I'd never bid on it).

ya no one is buying them....offers all declined
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Just goes to show that people are stupid, but not that stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic View Post

Just out of curiosity, I sent this guy a couple of questions:

Q # 1) How can you sell a product that has not even been officially released to the public by the manufacturer yet? Palm, who makes this product, cannot even confirm that this product will be available to the general public (including you). I would LOVE to believe that you could guarantee delivery on this, but would like to know how?

Q # 2) Why are there 31 purchase offers listed and they all show declined? I still need to know how you can offer this product when it has not been announced by the manufacturer. Please communicate with me as I am considering a possible purchase, but I need some kind of communication!!!

1) are these truly unlocked GSM units?
    2) are they available in all the colors?
    3) can I buy more than 1?

Please respond to my questions (this is my 2nd attempt), or I will assume that this is a scam offer and report it as such.

Here was the reply I received:

Subject: Re: Question for item #130045967800 - New Palm Treo 680 Colors, Camera, 312MHz, BT

"I will only accept offers close to my buy it now. Offers are Declined because People are offering 100 and 200 dollar bids. I will not accept those. Yes it is unlocked to all GSM, QUAD band carriers. and yes i will have all colors available. And yes i would offer you a small discount if you bought two. Please be advised you will get this item before they are released from palm. Thank you "

For what it is worth, this answer does not make ME feel any more comfortable about a possible purchase. Most scam offers are taken down right away, yet this one remains. His ebay store looks legit, too, but the price is too high, and the offer still looks shaky!!
    Rewards Network

Unlocked BlackBerry Curve 8300 (AT&T/Cingular)

Unlocked Treo 680 Graphite (Cingular) - RETIRED

Zoomer > Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm V > Palm M505 > Palm M515 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 >
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    They haven't answered the all important question of how they are able to get hold of 680's when it hasn't been released
    So if several of us got together and bought all 20 from him, what kind of a discount would he offer? And would he ship them sooner than Black Friday? Heck, would he ship them tomorrow?