View Poll Results: Have you had an Access Power endless loop reboot?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

5 20.83%
  • Yes and I use TreoAlarm to turn my phone on and off

1 4.17%
  • Yes and I use TreoAlarm, but not to turn my phone on and off

2 8.33%
  • Yes but I don't use TreoAlarm

9 37.50%
  • Yes, and I have another third party alarm application

5 20.83%
  • Yes, but I don't use any third party applications.

2 8.33%
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I had my second one today (the first was fatal and I was given a new Treo). I am not sure, but think it might have something to do with TreoAlarm, since both loops occurred reasonably close (within a minute or two) of a scheduled turn on/off. In today's case, I tried to turn off the phone a few seconds after TreoAlarm turned the phone on.

Just wondering if there is a relationship between the two.
    Has anyone had an endless loop while using TreoAlarm?
  2. ayn
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    phone kept on 24/7 (unless it's spontaneously rebooting or goes dead), use treoalarm, and I don't think my first reset loop had anything to do with treoalarm...
    Verizon Treo 700p w/ Martin Fields and Best Skin Ever film (sold)
    Here is a process you can follow to recover from an enless reset loop.

Jeff

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/support/#_Toc135807426
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Looks like my assumption (relationship with TreoAlarm) is being proven incorrect. Time to reinstall it!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Here is a process you can follow to recover from an enless reset loop.

Jeff

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/support/#_Toc135807426
    Thanks! Now I will try and print it into a piece of paper than can be taped inside my battery cover!
    I had this happen once, when I was first loading up my 700p with software. I don't remember what piece of software caused it, though.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    Thanks! Now I will try and print it into a piece of paper than can be taped inside my battery cover!
    Glad I could help!

Also, always keep a copy of FileZ in the main memory of your device with a shortcut to it in the phone application. This will save you a lot of time.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson View Post
    Glad I could help!

Also, always keep a copy of FileZ in the main memory of your device with a shortcut to it in the phone application. This will save you a lot of time.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff,
    Just came back from lunch and saw the boot-up loop. On past treos, I'd always resort to a hard reset at this point. Glad to see the method you gave to get to the applications menu. LudusP was the cause for me. Naturally this affected my home key where I'd normally go to delete the app. Guess what, I figured I'd try adding a app button to another program to try and get around the problem (before reading the rest of your procedure). First I added a button for Initiate (but it didn't show LudusP), then I made a button for FileZ (which deleted it!), Finally I went back to read the rest of your message (which of course suggested FileZ). *Thanks* so much for showing this alternate procedure to get back to a point where you can hotsync a new app and for suggesting adding the phone button to get rid of it! You saved me having to cold-reset (which is great since I didn't buy a 700p capable backup program yet)!
    If anyone else has problems with LudusP, I noticed that Butler now seems to have the same mapping. (I installed a new butler after having previously installed a LudusP trial. I'm pretty sure I disabled LudusP after enabling these features in Butler, but I'm guessing Tyler has a bug where he causes a reset even when not enabled.) I guess the knowledge gained about my failure may be that you souldn't use LudusP if you are already using (or want to continue to use) Butler.

-- Bob

EDIT#1: Yesterday I had a problem where the phone hung on the "sprint logo" "powering up" screen. I did some workarounds to get past that problem which I don't exactly remember. After applying the above workaround, I encountered this hang again. Given the choices in the poll at the top of this thread I tried deleting the "Bob's Alarm" application. (I also have Agendus alarms and disabling those may be my next step if I still encounter the prolem.) Currently I still have to isolate which app is_causing/has_caused my current problem. I batch added a bunch of apps instead of slowly adding them one-by-one. I'll post here if/when I've better figured out the cause.

-- Bob

EDIT #2: Deleting BobsAlarm had no effect. (My powering on the radio was still hanging after deleting BobsAlarm.) Also, BobsAlarm is one of the programs that the PalmDesktopUpgrade said was OK. The next culprit to check was "Agendus handling Alarms". (I have Agendus Premier 11.05 installed.) I turned off the checkox in Agendus preferences for ""Agendus handling Alarms" (I'm paraphrasing) and the preliminary results are that my hang went away.)

Jeff: Why do you think alarms are/were causing the endless loops?

-- Bob
    Last edited by sudoer; 11/09/2006 at 01:23 PM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!