1.    #1  
    Hi,

A few months ago someone here posted a format string that makes 4 GB SD cards run much faster. It worked extremely well.

Format /FS:FAT32 /A:32k DL: (DL stands for drive letter)

I was wondering if this would also work for a 2 GB USB thumb-drive? My 1 GB thumb-drive is twice as fast the the new 2GB one I purchased the other day, and I was looking for a way to make it runs as fast or faster than my 1 GB unit.

Thanks,

Dawn
    That string should work fine for your thumbdrive. All its doing is telling Windows to format the selected drive as FAT32 with 32k clusters.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    All its doing is telling Windows to format the selected drive as FAT32 with 32k clusters.
    Instead of what? (The normal is smaller or larger?)

THanks,
    Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  4.    #4  
    No go on the format; it wouldn't work for some reason.

I enter the command (in a DOS window) and the system says: "insert new disk for drive I, and press enter when ready." I hit enter and the system proceeds to verify the disk. Then the DOS window closes and all the files are still on the drive.

I tried running the command with the USB flash drive not connected at first, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas???

Dawn