Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    (Sprint Treo 700p) Ever since I upgraded to the "new" Sprint Biz Connection, I cannot get my Calendar and Contacts to sync with outlook.

I could see that my calendar was being synched with the Biz Conn Calendar, so I shut it off in the preferences.

My Custom Hot Sync preferences keep switching the calendar and contacts to "Do Nothing". I can switch it to Sync and tell it to default, but it won't sync.

I even deleted my Biz Connection account and then set the sync to only sych calendar and it just skipped it and closed the hot sync.

How can I get it to go back to synching my calendar and contacts as normal?

Any ideas?

Reinstall the Desktop and when given the option to sync via the desktop or via Versamail - pick the desktop.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    Reinstall the Desktop and when given the option to sync via the desktop or via Versamail - pick the desktop.
    I've reinstalled the Palm desktop a couple of times trying to fix this. I didn't see that option. I see where I can choose outlook or the Palm desktop to sych to, but not where you can choose desktop or versamail. Can you be more specific when that option pops up? I might have missed it.

Thanks!

Also interesting is that it syncs the memos and tasks (outlook) without any issue. Just contacts and calendar are hijacked by Business Connection.
    Last edited by MiteMom; 11/09/2006 at 05:15 PM.
    You will probably have to unistall the Palm Desktop, based upon what you've stated, in order to initiate a "full reinstall".

You won't lose any data as the unistall will not remove the path to your data and it should be re-established when you the perform the clean install.

Just be certain to select the default options during the install and then select your user name when prompted during the first hot sync after the clean install.

Also - after you uninstall - be certain to turn off your PC for at least a minute to clear any cobwebs that might have stayed in memory.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE View Post
    You will probably have to unistall the Palm Desktop, based upon what you've stated, in order to initiate a "full reinstall".

You won't lose any data as the unistall will not remove the path to your data and it should be re-established when you the perform the clean install.

Just be certain to select the default options during the install and then select your user name when prompted during the first hot sync after the clean install.

Also - after you uninstall - be certain to turn off your PC for at least a minute to clear any cobwebs that might have stayed in memory.

I did the uninstall of Palm desktop from control panel and the waited and did a full reinstall, but I still can't find where you would select Palm Desktop vs Versamail.

I really think this is an issue with the new version of Business Connection shutting off the sync with calendar and contacts. I can't get them to stay on in the custom settings.

Thanks for trying.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Well I just spoke with the Sprint Business Connection tech support and they say that Business Connection disables the contact and calendar syncing and there is no way around it. (The newest upgrade anyway....Of course you never know if Sprint support is correct or just trying to sound like they know wha they are talking about).

Anyone else out there with the latest upgrade to Biz Connection able to hot sync their contacts and calendar to the palm versions?

They suggested I not use Business Connection,but I don't have a choice because I need it for mail.

Please don't suggest Active Sync with Versamail, because I can't get past the certificate issue with my IT group.

AH sigh, I wish I knew more about the backend so I could find the actual files that cause it to disable.

Any developers want a paying project?
    has this been resolved? i'm having the same issue
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsfan View Post
    has this been resolved? i'm having the same issue
    Not that I am aware of...........

I got around it by switching to Beyond Contacts.
    I installed Palm s/w and HotSync on new system and was not prompted for VersaMail vs Outlook vs Palm Desktop sync. I too tried setting Contacts to sync with Outlook, but each time, it gets reset back to "do nothing". Am running 6.7.3.235 of the Sprint software, FYI. I was able to set syncing with VersaMail to 'do nothing' and that stayed. Now Contacts are not syncing anywhere. Perhaps time to try Beyond Contacts? Any newer update to the Sprint software?