Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6059/newlookas1.jpg

Hello guys,

I am happy to report that I have just release it version 1.0 of a new game: Blue Diamond

Blue Diamond is a simple yet addictive game that you can play at any time. The premise of the game is as follow:

You are a master thief who has been caught trying to steal the infamous “Blue Diamond” from a vault in a Swiss bank in Geneva. The director of the bank is giving you a unique chance to leave the bank with some serious cash. Of course, the bank director is doing this to avoid bad publicity. There is a catch, though! The director likes to play games and he wants you to play along. Actually, you don’t have any choice! Either you play and maybe get some cash or he calls the police. The game consists of a vault with 26 safety deposit boxes. One of the boxes contains the infamous “Blue Diamond” and the rest have cash amounts that range from $0.01 to $750,000.00. The “Blue Diamond” is valued to $1,000,000 (or 1M).

How To Play?

You play by first choosing a safety deposit box. This becomes your box. The director will then ask you to open 6 mores boxes. The goal is to not open boxes with large amount of cash or the Blue Diamond (valued at $1M) since it would mean that amount is not inside your box. Once you open all 6 boxes, the director of the bank will then offer you to buyback your box for a certain amount. The more money is left in the vault the higher the offer will be. If you refuse the offer then you will need to open 5 then 4 and so on. Each time you will receive an new offer from the director.

Are you ready to go all the way and maybe make the "Blue Diamond" yours?

Game Features

- Auto-save (allows to quit and a finish a game later)

- Sound effects

- Keep track of the high score and your bank account (both can be reset it)

- Can work from Card (to save your precious device main memory)

- 7 pages user's guide (pdf)

- 7 days triall (full version)

- FREE version updates. You will not have to pay for any future "Blue Diamond" version!

You can check it here:

Blue Diamond 1.0

Thank you again.

Take care guys.

Mo.
    Very original. Seriously, I was wondering why there wasn't a game like this for Palm yet.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the kind comment! Yes I was wondering too so I said to myself what not me?

Enjoy!

mo.
  4.    #4  
    Hello guys,

I just wanted to let you know that i have just released version 1.1 The main change is that now the banker is competing with you! Now each time you accept the banker offer for your box, the content of that box is pocketed by the banker (it was found out the banker is not very honest after all). The game keeps track of both balances (yours and the bank's director). The redesigned "scores" window allow you to quicky see who is winning at anytime (graphical gauges). I wanted to say a special thank to Luciano (you know who you are!) for suggesting this great additional game feature.

Also, following another beta tester suggestion (you can thank Robin for this one ) I increased the trial time from 7 to 14 days! Enjoy.

Finally, if we have any francophone friends, the Zip file also contain a French version of the user's guide (Thank you so much Jean Claude!).

That's it for now. I really hope you will like it. Please do not hesitated to suggest any improvements you will like to see in future versions.

Enjoy!

Mo.

ps: Cannot thank enough my amazing beta testers! Thank you guys.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I must say that I tried the first version of the game. Thought it was great fun, however, I seemed to notice major battery drain after installing and playing. The battery would drain from 100 to nearly 50% in just a few hours. Last night I deleted the program, sadly, and have not noticed a major battery drain today.

Any thoughts, since I would like to re-install and consider purchasing this program.

Thanks.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  6.    #6  
    Hello Esquire1996,

I am sorry you experience a problem with the game. I would really want to know more about your findings so I can correct it. Does the game drain your batterie even if you do not play it? What happen if you play and then quit the game (going back to the launcher), does the battery also drains faster than normal. I am also curious about which version you tried that seems to have that issue (1.0 or 1.1 both?)

The one think I could think happen is that the Palm does not turn off after the regular set of time (that is choosen in the Preferences window of the Palm). In mine it is set a 2 minutes. The game should turn off if you do nothing (clicking on buttons for instance) after that set of time. I know that version 1.0 had an issue where the Palm won't turn off because I was using a timer to make the "Diamond" you see on the splash screen rotate. I thought I fixed that on version 1.1 (my treo 650 no longer stays on after 2 minutes).

Please let me know more about the issue and you can be assure, I will look into it.

Thanks so much for you kind words about "Blue Diamond"

Mo.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I believe I was using version 1.1. My treo would turn off, no problem, at the set interval. I just noticed that the battery would drain excessively. I can't say it would happen only if I played the game, and then stopped, since I pretty much played it every day I had it. Therefore, I believe the battery was draining either way.

I hope this helps.
    Visit My Blog

8.    #8  
    Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciated. Yes version 1.0 had an issue that makes the device stay ON and not shutdown automatically (which could explain the battery drain). This happens only IF you left it showing the splash screen (there is timer that is used to keep the diamond rotating. I fixed that on 1.1 (you can see what version you have by clicking on the button "About").

I made an experiment with my TC where I used version 1.0 all left it on the splash screen (so the screen will never turn off) and sure enough the battery level went down at much faster pace (100 to 95% after 15 minutes). Then I used 1.1 (fixed version) on my Treo 650 and once the time came, the device turned off and after a while (also 15 minutes) I checked the battery and it was OK. I then quit Bleu Diamond on both devices and turned off. After 30 minutes both devices batteries where OK (no changes).
    So in short, I was not able to reproduce the problem. One thing you may want to do is to delete previous version of the game (1.0) and re-install fresh 1.1

Also, it will be very helpful if someone else could let us know if he/she sees the same issue on their device.

Sorry again the inconvenience. i will keep working on it and maybe find out what is going on.

Take care.

Mo
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Thanks. I will try version 1.1, and keep you posted. I am pretty sure, however, that I always exited out of the program, and then the screen would shut off at the appropriate time.

I will try, however, and keep you posted.

Thank you.
    Visit My Blog

Isn't this the same premise as the newly popular Deal or No Deal prime-time game show hosted by Howie Mandel?
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
  11.    #11  
    Hi!

@Esquire: Thank you very much! I will keep you posted as well if someone has the same issue.

@gadgetFreaK:
  12.    #12  
    Hello guys,

Again thanks to some wonderful beta users and users, I was able to improve on the game and game play. I also change the color scheme to stay away a little from the shooking yellow! I hope you like it. I am still planning on releasing the new 320x480 version soon so stay tune...

So here what's different with version 1.2!

- The game now keeps track of the number of game played.

- The game also keeps track of the number of time you win the Blue Diamond (aka $1M)

- There is a new app icon

- Of course the color scheme changes!

I hope you will like it.

Enjoy and thank you all for your support

Mo.

ps: see the picture on the first post to have an idea how the game looks like now.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Have been trying version 1.2, and have had no such battery issues. Thanks for such a great little program.

Will be registering soon....

Craig
    Visit My Blog

14.    #14  
    That's a great news! thanks so much for taking the and reporting it here. I really appreciated it.

I hope you will enjoy the future releases of the game (free of course!).

Take care Craig.

Mo.
  15.    #15  
    Hello guys,

I was told about an graphic error appearing on Treo 600. I am very sorry for that. I must have introduce it at the last minute. It is now fixed. Please use version 1.21

Thanks for trying Blue Diamond.

Mo.
    Damn addictive!
    Registered. I would like to see some bells and whistles, however...
  18.    #18  
    Hello guys.

@Scrote: Glad you like it!

@ skfny: Thanks so much for registering!! I appreciate it very much. I am open to any suggestions. Some of the most important changes latelty came from a user so please let me know what you would like to see and I will do my best (given my programming capabilities) to implement them. In any event here some futures (very soon) new features:

1- The banker will pocket the highest offer you got if you decide to go all the way to the end and refuse all the offer(last boxe and yours). So you will get what is in your box and the banker will get the higest offer during the game. That way you will think twice before trying to refuse all the offers. It is only fair because in the current version the banker does not get anything if you go all the way to the end. This is also a user's suggestion (thanks!)

2- 320x480 version for Palm Tx,T5,....and Zodiac. The extra space on the screen will be used to show the past offers at all time. That way you do not have to click on the "offers" button.

3- Adding multiple users. I am thinking about 2 but I am open to suggestions. The way I see it is that two people could use the game and their own scores table against the banker. I am guessing we could have the 2 players compete against it's other by passing the device back and forward (player 1 first open 6 boxes then player 2 opens 5 boxes and so on). Let me know what you think. Would you prefer more players? How many?

4- A little bit later, I am hoping to change the graphics so to make it better looking if I can. maybe a little animation like a box opening and the content slowly showing up so to build a little more drama than just the box quickly displaying its content when pressed.

Again if you have any suggestions to make the game better, I will be very happy to look into. After all I am making these games for you guys so it is only fair that you have a say in the developement.

Thank you guys for your support and encouragement.

Mo.
    Thanks Mo. I was trying to think of ways to make the game:

1) competitive (multiple players, banker) - have a goal
    2) less random and more decision-based (I haven't come up with anything on this front yet)
    3) or, more random (so that each game is different from the previous one)
    4) of course, options to turn (2) and (3) on and off
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Thanks Mo. I was trying to think of ways to make the game:

1) competitive (multiple players, banker) - have a goal
    2) less random and more decision-based (I haven't come up with anything on this front yet)
    3) or, more random (so that each game is different from the previous one)
    4) of course, options to turn (2) and (3) on and off
    Yes I really like your idea of a specific goal!

Randomness is critical to the game. You cannot be told (or find out somehow) what is in each box before end. The TV show is really based on that premise. Also at this time each new game is different in the sense that the content of the boxes are shufled using a very robust shuffling code. That way the "blue Diamond" ($1M) is not easily discovered.

Thank you so much for looking for ways to make the game better! I will be curious to hear about any ideas you may have in regards to goal settings you describe in your point #1

Take care.

Mo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast