Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by momob View Post
    Yes I really like your idea of a specific goal!

Randomness is critical to the game. You cannot be told (or find out somehow) what is in each box before end. The TV show is really based on that premise. Also at this time each new game is different in the sense that the content of the boxes are shufled using a very robust shuffling code. That way the "blue Diamond" ($1M) is not easily discovered.

Thank you so much for looking for ways to make the game better! I will be curious to hear about any ideas you may have in regards to goal settings you describe in your point #1

Take care.

Mo.
    Online high scores board? (Obviously, an average of 10-20 games, a single game high score board would be quite pointless ).

Wild card boxes to replace (at random) one of the eliminated amounts? I think that would add a lot to the game.
    Last edited by skfny; 12/01/2006 at 07:43 AM.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  2.    #22  
    Hello again,

WOW those are two great suggestions! I have to admit, I do not have any clue about how to set up an online high score but I will LOVE to figure out and implement it. It will make the game ever better. If anybody in this forum knows how to do that (set up an online based high score table) I will love to hear from you (it would be great to implement this idea on my other game: Lunar lander Simulator!).

For the second suggestion, do you mean that you have 1 or more wild card(*) that you can use to replace an already open box? But with what amount? since there are only 26 amounts possible (i am stuck with those amounts for the formula giving you the offers to work). If a box has been open then its amount cannot be elsewhere on the board.

Thanks again for helping the game better. That exactly why I LOVE to work with users and beta testers. They have better ideas than I do!

Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by momob View Post
    Hello again,

WOW those are two great suggestions! I have to admit, I do not have any clue about how to set up an online high score but I will LOVE to figure out and implement it. It will make the game ever better. If anybody in this forum knows how to do that (set up an online based high score table) I will love to hear from you (it would be great to implement this idea on my other game: Lunar lander Simulator!).

For the second suggestion, do you mean that you have 1 or more wild card(*) that you can use to replace an already open box? But with what amount? since there are only 26 amounts possible (i am stuck with those amounts for the formula giving you the offers to work). If a box has been open then its amount cannot be elsewhere on the board.

Thanks again for helping the game better. That exactly why I LOVE to work with users and beta testers. They have better ideas than I do!

Mo.
    What I was thinking was: you'd have 27 boxes. One would be a wild card with no numerical value (so it wouldn't affect the formula). When you hit the card, you have the option to randomly replace one of the opened boxes with an already opened amount. You can substitute an average of all unopened boxes for that amount. So if you lose the diamond on round 1, there's always hope...

Also, on going to the end: you mentioned that the banker would get the highest offer. Shouldn't the banker get the last unopened box? It would make for some huge momentum swings - 300 for you, 300k for him, or vice versa.
  4.    #24  
    Hello Skfny!

I get your point about giving the box before last to the banker. The thinking about having the banker pocket the "highest offer" instead is to force you to think twice about trying to go all the way. In the TV show the reason people stop before the end is because of the pain they will endure if by bad luck they open all the big amounts before they reach the last 2 boxes. In Blue Diamond, it is hard to reproduce that fear other than having the player believe that the banker will get a huge amount if he/she decide to go all the way.

For the wild card (great suggestion!), I think I am tired because I cannot seem to figure what you mean by:

"..When you hit the card, you have the option to randomly replace one of the opened boxes with an already opened amount..."

What replacing an open box amount by an already opened amount would do? Once again forgive me. I will think that you will want an opened big amount to be returned to the inopened status so you get another chance?

In any event, I will need to look into it. Pratically maybe I could replace the current "diamond" picture on the main window by a button representing the "wild card"? since that diamond picture is not doing much right now.

Thanks a million!

Mo.
  5.    #25  
    Hi guys,

I am happy to annonce the release of Blue Diamond 1.3! The main change is what happened at the end of the game (assuming you got the courage to go all the way to find what is your box). Until now, you pocketed the content of your box and the banker gets nothing. Not very fair is it? In version 1.3, the banker pocket the highest amount offered during the game. That should make you think long and hard before refusing his (banker) offer!

Blue Diamond 1.3

I hope you will like it! (thanks Luciano for this suggestion ).

I am currently working on a 320x480 version which I hope I can beta test soon.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Mo.

ps: I am still interested to figure out how to set up an online "high score table" as suggested by SKFNY. I am assuming I will need my own web site right?
  6.    #26  
    Hello Skfny!

You said: "Also, on going to the end: you mentioned that the banker would get the highest offer. Shouldn't the banker get the last unopened box? It would make for some huge momentum swings - 300 for you, 300k for him, or vice versa."

And I guess you were right After few testings, I have modified the game so that the banker will get the last unopened box instead of the highest offer. If you go all the way and have two boxes left (yours [$$$] and another unopen box) then you will pocket your box([$$$]) and the banker will pocket the last unopened box. I think it is fair to both the player and to the banker. Eventually (like in the TV show), I will give the player the ability to switch boxes. That should add a little bit of drama!

The 320x480 also seems to work great! I am waiting for few beta testers to get back to me on the latest version. If everything is OK, I i will release it (landscape version with banker getting last box). Probably tommorow.

Stay tune...

Mo.
    Mo,

Small request: can you post the prc here? It's a pain to go to Palmgear and get it (specially if you use Xiino and can't DL files from Palmgear)

8.    #28  
    Hello Skfny,

Sure here the current beta version (1.39) which will become 1.4 very soon. This new version is compatible with 160x160, 320x320 and 320x480 (landscape mode). This means it is suppose to be compatible with most Palm (and non Palm) with at OS 5.0 like:

-Treo 600/650/700p (and I am assuming the new T680..)
    - T,T2,T3,T5,TX,TC
    -LifeDrive
    - Zodiac 1/2

If anybody else want to check it and get back to me, that will be super. The more people the better. That is the only way to make sure the application is compatible with most devices.

Thanks to all and to you Skkny!

Mo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #29  
    http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/3...ndscapejg9.jpg

Hi guys,

For the lucky few with large screen Palm (and Zodiac), here version 1.4 which compatible with 320x480 screen (landscape). So the game should run in landscape mode on:

- T,T2,T3,T5,Tx
    - LifeDrive
    - Zodiac 1/2

And of course with 160x160 and 320x320 devices.

Also in 1.4, the banker gets the last unopened box (instead of the highest offer). This of course if you are courage enough to go all the way to the end!

Let me know what you think or if you see any issues.

Thank you for the support and nice comments in last few weeks. I appreciated it very much.

Enjoy!

Mo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12