1.    #1  
    I currently sync my treo 650 to my powerbook g4 (iCal and address book, not palm desktop). My wife is about to get a treo 700p which we would also like to sync to the same powerbook. Is this possible? I currently do not have multiple users set up in OSX - would this allow us to sync multiple treos?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    EH
    As long as you have separate user names for each Palm device, you should have no problems. Going the other way (sync one Palm device on multiple computers) is also possible, but seems to be fraught with problems for many users.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - so I do not need to set up different users on the mac (when logging in) as long as the treos have different names?
    enable fast user switching and life will be very easy on your mac. I use this with a couple other people and it works very well. Its almost like having your own mac with your own settings etc....very handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by eh417 View Post
    Thanks - so I do not need to set up different users on the mac (when logging in) as long as the treos have different names?
    Yes, although as pizza says, you can also switch user accounts on the mac quickly, and have one Palm user per mac user. Your choice.
    No, you absolutely *do not* need to login as separate users on OSX. Assuming that you both want the exact same data on both treos, it's easy since each treo has a different user name. My wife and I both have Treo 650s and 1 mac. We sync to iCal, and Addressbook and use Missing Sync 5. We each have our own separate calendars setup in iCal and share the same contacts from addressbook. It really works well because I can see her calendar and she can see mine. Missing sync handles it all very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gimletmaker View Post
    No, you absolutely *do not* need to login as separate users on OSX. Assuming that you both want the exact same data on both treos, it's easy since each treo has a different user name. My wife and I both have Treo 650s and 1 mac. We sync to iCal, and Addressbook and use Missing Sync 5. We each have our own separate calendars setup in iCal and share the same contacts from addressbook. It really works well because I can see her calendar and she can see mine. Missing sync handles it all very well.
    But I get the impression eh417 wants to sync two Treos with different data. Again, no problem, you just need to set up (in Palm HotSync or Missing Sync, whichever one uses) two different user names corresponding to the two different Treo user names.