Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Anyone do a custom rom image for the 650 with Java VM and the new Opera-mini web browser in rom, eliminating Blazer in the process? Just curious. will try this tommmorrow.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I have "fast mode" blazer in ROM, and it works great. It would be interesting to know which of the java/opera mini files would work in ROM.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Just realized this is two threads. Sorry about that! Opera is working, have not tried loading the files into rom yet.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    You can launch Opera Mini from expansion card. See http://www.1src.com.
    I just installed Opera Mini on my Treo 650. I get an error when I launch it. "Please ensure that IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed".

Any wisdom? Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkiper View Post
    I just installed Opera Mini on my Treo 650. I get an error when I launch it. "Please ensure that IBM's WebSphere Micro Environment Java VM is installed".

Any wisdom? Anyone else having this problem?
    you do have java installed right?
    if not go here and install it.
    from what ive heard, java doesnt work when installed in rom. *which sucks because its never backed up and reinstalled with a hotsync*
    [unlocked/unbranded/internal antenna/no camera/gsm/treo650]
    [unlocked/unbranded/gsm/treo750]
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Tried using Java in ROM w/Opera. Couldn't fit all the files into the image. I installed Opera in ROM, and removed Blazer. The Java VM files needed their details set using Filez. I set the backup flag so they automatically hotsync. So far. I am crash free! But, no default web application and you can't set Opera to be the default. No matter, I linked to a hard button and things are all good!
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    Tried using Java in ROM w/Opera. Couldn't fit all the files into the image. I installed Opera in ROM, and removed Blazer. The Java VM files needed their details set using Filez. I set the backup flag so they automatically hotsync. So far. I am crash free! But, no default web application and you can't set Opera to be the default. No matter, I linked to a hard button and things are all good!
    And why do you want to have Opera in ROM if you can launch it from expansion card? In ROM it takes memory which cannot be allocated to other programs.