1.    #1  
    I really like this broswer but not matter what I try I can not seem to keep it from freezing or resetting my treo 650. I have tried adjusting all of the parameters as suggested in other threads. I have downloaded it from the phone, to the computer and then did a hotsync and nothing seems to work. I think the problem is with my java because I tried another java browser and the same thing kept happening. Any other ideas before I just give up on opera mini?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkelly View Post
    I really like this broswer but not matter what I try I can not seem to keep it from freezing or resetting my treo 650. I have tried adjusting all of the parameters as suggested in other threads. I have downloaded it from the phone, to the computer and then did a hotsync and nothing seems to work. I think the problem is with my java because I tried another java browser and the same thing kept happening. Any other ideas before I just give up on opera mini?
    I had this problem, too, until I realized I could not set the Java memory larger than what was free on my device. Somehow this wasn't obvious to me at first.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Check out this post. Downloading Opera via Blazer rather than to the desktop and hotsyncing worked for me. The versions you get seem to be different depending on how you download it.
    Maybe you need to go back to basic troubleshooting. Sync your phone, hard reset. Install Java and then opera. Experiment with it, with a freshly reset phone, that scratches off any memory resident apps that may be conflicting. Reinstall your apps one by one whilst experimenting with opera untill you find the culprit. It may be time cosuming but there are too many variables for someone to diagnose your phone problems via a forum.
  5.    #5  
    well I took your advice candela. I did a hard reset and then only added zlauncher, java, and then mini opera. Things went well for awhile and then I got a reset. Later on the screen froze on me. I am not sure what more I can do to resolve this. I want mini opera to work because I like the browser but it just keeps giving me problems. I am not sure why others can get it to work and be stable yet I can not seem to. It seems to me the java is the problem, but I honestly do not know for usre
    Did you check your java settings? According to the install instructions per Palm1's site you need to enable double buffering in Java via the preferences applet. I set my Java max memory to 8MB and I have had very little issues with opera. Lower memory settings either locked up my phone or it was painfully slow.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Where do you get the preferences applet?
    Phone Preferences... at the bottom under "other" you should see "IBM Java VM"
  9.    #9  
    yes I have tried several settings. Currently I have 4mb/4mb as the settings. I have sort of just given up on opera even though I like it. I am using xiino as my main browser but there are a few sites I can't access or I like the rendering better on opera. I just use opera to view those handful of websites and I have had no problems the past few days.