Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1266
    Thanks Shimon!

I assume you mean just hotsync it over and then TP will see it?

Be well,

David
  2.    #1142  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbuckley View Post
    Thanks Shimon!

I assume you mean just hotsync it over and then TP will see it?

Be well,

David
    Yep
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I've been using this rather new app called PhoneSwitch and it is great. It returns me to whatever app I was in before a phone call, when the call ends. It is almost absolutely perfect except for its interaction with TAKEphONE's capture feature. I'm wondering if anything can be done to improve this.

So a little background... If a call comes in, I answer the call and when the call ends, I am returned to the app I was using before. That's simple. Outgoing calls are a bit more complicated.

Outgoing 1: I enter TAKEphONE, look up a number, dial it and when the call ends I am returned to TAKEphONE. This is just what I want and it works.

Outgoing 2: I am in DateBK6 (or any other app that can dial a number directly) and I tell DateBK6 to dial a number that is in the notes field of an event. When the call ends, I am returned to DateBK6. This is just what I want and it works.

Outgoing 3: Here's the issue. When I am using my time management program (which can't dial directly), I highlight a phone number, hit the phone hard button and let TAKEphONE's capture feature dial the number. But when the call ends, I am returned to TAKEphONE and not to my time management app. I want the latter to happen.

So is there a way to make Outgoing 3 work without breaking the Outgoing 1 case?? PhoneSwitch has a feature where you can exclude an app by name. (Example: I exclude VoiceDial so that if I am using the calendar and I press the side button to VoiceDial someone, after the call I am returned to the calendar because PhoneSwitch knows to exclude VoiceDial.) I could use this feature to exclude TAKEphONE and this would fix case #3 but would break #1. Is there a way make hitting the phone hard button use a different app name in the capture case versus the non-capture case so that I could exclude the capture case??

Any thoughts appreciated. The combination of TAKEphONE and PhoneSwitch is really nice and I'd like to complete the picture.

Dave
    I've looked through the 7.5 stuff and didn't find this addressed. I have started adding a code in one of the custom fields to enhance Palm's 15-category limit. For instance, !wnpasc is a winery in Pennsylvania south-central region.
    When I try to find the contacts using this field, I begin by entering !
    The screen sort of blinks and waits for the next input. I enter wn and all the wineries are listed, winnowing down as I enter more letters. The letters I have entered are highlighted. The ! is included in the list as part of the found "word", but is not highlighted.
    In another place, I use a / as an identifier. Takephone Find does not search for it, either.
    Is there a reason to not search for punctuation? Can that be added?
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    I've been using this rather new app called PhoneSwitch and it is great. It returns me to whatever app I was in before a phone call, when the call ends. It is almost absolutely perfect except for its interaction with TAKEphONE's capture feature. I'm wondering if anything can be done to improve this.

So a little background... If a call comes in, I answer the call and when the call ends, I am returned to the app I was using before. That's simple. Outgoing calls are a bit more complicated.

Outgoing 1: I enter TAKEphONE, look up a number, dial it and when the call ends I am returned to TAKEphONE. This is just what I want and it works.

Outgoing 2: I am in DateBK6 (or any other app that can dial a number directly) and I tell DateBK6 to dial a number that is in the notes field of an event. When the call ends, I am returned to DateBK6. This is just what I want and it works.

Outgoing 3: Here's the issue. When I am using my time management program (which can't dial directly), I highlight a phone number, hit the phone hard button and let TAKEphONE's capture feature dial the number. But when the call ends, I am returned to TAKEphONE and not to my time management app. I want the latter to happen.

So is there a way to make Outgoing 3 work without breaking the Outgoing 1 case?? PhoneSwitch has a feature where you can exclude an app by name. (Example: I exclude VoiceDial so that if I am using the calendar and I press the side button to VoiceDial someone, after the call I am returned to the calendar because PhoneSwitch knows to exclude VoiceDial.) I could use this feature to exclude TAKEphONE and this would fix case #3 but would break #1. Is there a way make hitting the phone hard button use a different app name in the capture case versus the non-capture case so that I could exclude the capture case??

Any thoughts appreciated. The combination of TAKEphONE and PhoneSwitch is really nice and I'd like to complete the picture.

Dave

i am guessing u dont have takephone set to do anything on outgoing calls.. u have that option disabled .. and u are soley counting on PhoneSwitch to handle what is done at the end of the call...what u are trying to do is kind of a tough approuch being that phoneswitch is doing what it is suppose to do, bringing u to last application used...can u copy that number with the menu commands in the time management program?.. if so, copy it, then go to the default phone application on treo and make the call..paste #, now hang up.. does it go back to default phone application or does it go back to the time management.. i am thinking that it will go back to the default phone application .... the developer would have to set the coding within PhoneSwitch to ignore the phone application ...

as the program butler does with the volume keys...u can set it for switch mode.. switches back to programs that u last visited but ignores the launcher...u dont want it to bring u back to your home launcher.. u want to just visit the application that u launched from the launcher... u need PhoneSwitch to ignore the phone application...i think this is more of an issue for PhoneSwitch rather then takephone

my thoughts....
  6.    #1146  

Dave
    Hi,

If the developer of PhoneSwitch contacts me, I can maybe cooperate with him to resolve this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi Shimon,

I've discovered the green button doesn't work as configured in TakePhone 7.55 021.

When I have "Use GREEN button" DISabled, pressing it doesn't do ANYTHING. If the green button is ENabled, it simply opens the record. For example, in the Find View, if I press the green button while a record is selected, the record opens. From WITHIN the record, if I press the green button, it does the default action for the field.

Am I misunderstanding what this feature does?

Thanks,
    Mark
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

If the developer of PhoneSwitch contacts me, I can maybe cooperate with him to resolve this.
    Thanks, I will ask him to do that!

Dave
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i am guessing u dont have takephone set to do anything on outgoing calls.. u have that option disabled .. and u are soley counting on PhoneSwitch to handle what is done at the end of the call...what u are trying to do is kind of a tough approuch being that phoneswitch is doing what it is suppose to do, bringing u to last application used...can u copy that number with the menu commands in the time management program?.. if so, copy it, then go to the default phone application on treo and make the call..paste #, now hang up.. does it go back to default phone application or does it go back to the time management.. i am thinking that it will go back to the default phone application .... the developer would have to set the coding within PhoneSwitch to ignore the phone application ...

as the program butler does with the volume keys...u can set it for switch mode.. switches back to programs that u last visited but ignores the launcher...u dont want it to bring u back to your home launcher.. u want to just visit the application that u launched from the launcher... u need PhoneSwitch to ignore the phone application...i think this is more of an issue for PhoneSwitch rather then takephone

my thoughts....
    Yes, I have TAKEphONE configured to do nothing after a call.

PhoneSwitch has a feature that allows me to exclude any apps that I choose. So I can easily exclude the builtin Phone app. But I don't want to do all the steps of copying, going to the builtin Phone app (which is no longer on a hard key) and then pasting. The whole point is to make things easier, not harder. Nothing now is stopping me from making calls. I just want the ultra-slick convenience of using an app to do work, calling a number in that app (with as few steps as possible) and being returned to that app after the call.

If I wanted to do things the hard way, I wouldn't buy apps like TAKEphONE and PhoneSwitch (and many others). ;-)

Dave
    how does PhoneSwitch allow you to exclude apps? I have it and cannot do that...
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    how does PhoneSwitch allow you to exclude apps? I have it and cannot do that...
    You have to have the Deluxe version to exclude apps. Then just tap on the "Exclude List" tab. Currrent version is 1.2.

Dave
    Will the deluxe version of Phone Switch exclude the "phone" app? For example: I have TAKEphOne set up on the Phone hard button. After i hang up a call, it goes to "phone" app really quick, then to TAKEphone. Will it stop it from going to "phone" at all?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I am using Takephone 7.55 (017)

When I open an individual contact, I see the work phone number listed and then 3 lines that say "other" with no phone numbers listed (they do not have numbers associated with them). I then have to scroll up to see the details of the note. Is is possible to not show the blank "other" phone numbers in order to see more of the note (without scrolling). Thanks
  14.    #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    Hi Shimon,

I've discovered the green button doesn't work as configured in TakePhone 7.55 021.

When I have "Use GREEN button" DISabled, pressing it doesn't do ANYTHING. If the green button is ENabled, it simply opens the record. For example, in the Find View, if I press the green button while a record is selected, the record opens. From WITHIN the record, if I press the green button, it does the default action for the field.

Am I misunderstanding what this feature does?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hi,

When option is off TAKEphONE ignore the green button completely.
    When on - it should behave as the OK button.
    Tried making it have special functionality, but it confused most users.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  15.    #1155  
    Quote Originally Posted by efk22 View Post
    I am using Takephone 7.55 (017)

When I open an individual contact, I see the work phone number listed and then 3 lines that say "other" with no phone numbers listed (they do not have numbers associated with them). I then have to scroll up to see the details of the note. Is is possible to not show the blank "other" phone numbers in order to see more of the note (without scrolling). Thanks
    Hi,

Afraid not at the moment.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Yes, I have TAKEphONE configured to do nothing after a call.

PhoneSwitch has a feature that allows me to exclude any apps that I choose. So I can easily exclude the builtin Phone app. But I don't want to do all the steps of copying, going to the builtin Phone app (which is no longer on a hard key) and then pasting. The whole point is to make things easier, not harder. Nothing now is stopping me from making calls. I just want the ultra-slick convenience of using an app to do work, calling a number in that app (with as few steps as possible) and being returned to that app after the call.

If I wanted to do things the hard way, I wouldn't buy apps like TAKEphONE and PhoneSwitch (and many others). ;-)

Dave
    that suggestion of going to default phone application to paste number was just for testing purposes, to take takephone out of the picture ... not a method to do all the time...i realize that it is more cumbersome....

add takephone in exclude list, then u should be fine with it not returning to takephone.. and for the times that u want phone to go back to takephone... hey its linked to a hardkey..how much easier can it get
    Shimon:

1st--thanks for your responsiveness as always.

I put the file you posted in main memory by hotsyncing to handheld but tones do not get generated when dialing in TP.

I hear tones when dialing in Phone app but I don't like the Phone app!!

Couldn't we borrow their tones? ;-)

Anyway, any advice? What could I have done wrong?

Many thanks,

David
  18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbuckley View Post
    Shimon:

1st--thanks for your responsiveness as always.

I put the file you posted in main memory by hotsyncing to handheld but tones do not get generated when dialing in TP.

I hear tones when dialing in Phone app but I don't like the Phone app!!

Couldn't we borrow their tones? ;-)

Anyway, any advice? What could I have done wrong?

Many thanks,

David
    Open the "Options/Volume settings..." menu, and check all options.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Ultra DUH!!

Lovin' my dtmf!!

Anybody like tone feedback when dialing--load that file!

Thanks again Shimon.

David
  20.    #1160  
    Hi all,

Version 7.55 (027) posted at www.shsh.com/beta

- Journal: added option to save Journal entries to
    DayNotez (if exists)

- Skins: option for long title bar in skins.

- Skins: option for using JPG wallpapers in skins.

- Skins: improved built-in skin.

- General: fix for drawing of text with black shadow
    (prevent flickering).

- General: added menu option for version updates.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer