Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1266
  1. #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    All users reporting reset when pressing Option+Phone - some questions:

    1. Does the reset happen no matter where you are when you press the Option+Phone combo ? or only from within TAKEphONE ? only from within a specific screen of TAKEphONE ?
    The reset occurs regardless of the current application running, including when running TAKEphONE.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    2. Does the reset happen only if you have a number/text selected ? or regardless ?
    Regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    3. (Long shot) Would you try re-downloading the attached file ?
    Sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    4. Can you tell me what apps you have assigned to the PHONE and Option+Phone buttons in the system "Prefs->Buttons" ?
    TAKEphONE (primary) and Blazer (Option+).

    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    5. Can you try with Butler/Phone Tec. totally disabled ?
    I disabled Butler and reset event still occurs.

    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Thanks
    You're welcome. I hope you resolve the issue soon as TAKEphONE is one of my top ten applications.
  2. #1122  
    Interestingly, I just re-downloaded 7.55 (001) over Blazer and installed it in place of 7.55 (017) and the reset event still occurs.

    I guess the next thing to try to is a complete uninstall
  3. #1123  
    Note: After the reset event (triggered again by pressing Option+Phone), and the Treo coming full-up again, I pressed Option+Phone and the reset event did not occur, rather, it pulled up Tasks, which I believe is the default setting for Option+Phone.

    Hmmm?

    I re-assigned the Option+Phone within Prefs (back to Blazer, a.k.a. "Web"), exited to Home and pressed Option+Phone and the reset-event did not occur. I suppose I will hold here at 7.55 (001) until the kinks are worked out of the advanced builds.
    Last edited by jhintonh; 02/17/2008 at 11:23 PM.
  4. #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi all,

    Any of you using Butler or Phone Tec. or some other app similar to that ?
    I'm using TealLaunch, which is a "pop-up launcher and button/stroke-mapping utility". I tried it with that disabled, and it still happened.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  5. #1125  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    All users reporting reset when pressing Option+Phone - some questions:

    1. Does the reset happen no matter where you are when you press the Option+Phone combo ? or only from within TAKEphONE ? only from within a specific screen of TAKEphONE ?

    2. Does the reset happen only if you have a number/text selected ? or regardless ?

    3. (Long shot) Would you try re-downloading the attached file ?

    4. Can you tell me what apps you have assigned to the PHONE and Option+Phone buttons in the system "Prefs->Buttons" ?

    5. Can you try with Butler/Phone Tec. totally disabled ?

    Thanks
    1. No matter where
    2. Regardless
    3. Still resets
    4. Phone=Phone (TakePhone "owns" the button though); Option+Phone=Phone
    5. Tried with TealLaunch disabled, didn't help. Don't have Butler or PhoneTech installed. Any other specific app you can think of that should be disabled?
    Last edited by sportyrydr; 02/18/2008 at 07:31 PM.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  6. jin5's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #1126  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhintonh View Post
    Interestingly, I just re-downloaded 7.55 (001) over Blazer and installed it in place of 7.55 (017) and the reset event still occurs.

    I guess the next thing to try to is a complete uninstall
    I am experiencing the same, it still reset after downloading 001, but after the reset the problem went away.
  7. #1127  
    I'm experiencing the same thing and I don't have Butler or the other program noted (can't remember the title). I unchecked the "capture" feature and now my phone doesn't reset with "Opt + Phone."
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    I'm experiencing the same thing and I don't have Butler or the other program noted (can't remember the title). I unchecked the "capture" feature and now my phone doesn't reset with "Opt + Phone."
    Yep, that was my point, that Opt+Phone causes resets when Capture is enabled. So, disabling Capture isn't really a fix, but a workaround. It's not a HUGE problem for me, since I don't find myself capturing #'s that often, but I do keep it enabled by default. So, I'm glad that disabling it succeeds as a workaround until Shimon can post a fix.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
  9. #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohappydaye View Post
    I'm experiencing the same thing and I don't have Butler or the other program noted (can't remember the title). I unchecked the "capture" feature and now my phone doesn't reset with "Opt + Phone."
    This is interesting. I just disabled the "Capture" function, re-downloaded the latest Beta version, installed it and the reset-event is not occurring.

    This is a fine stop-gap, but I do hope the Developer will address this issue (and I am sure he will).
  10. #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhintonh View Post
    This is interesting. I just disabled the "Capture" function, re-downloaded the latest Beta version, installed it and the reset-event is not occurring.

    This is a fine stop-gap, but I do hope the Developer will address this issue (and I am sure he will).
    Yeah, i'm sure he will. Shimon is great.
  11. #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    Yep, that was my point, that Opt+Phone causes resets when Capture is enabled. So, disabling Capture isn't really a fix, but a workaround. It's not a HUGE problem for me, since I don't find myself capturing #'s that often, but I do keep it enabled by default. So, I'm glad that disabling it succeeds as a workaround until Shimon can post a fix.
    I don't, and never have used "Capture" and I crash 100% on opt+Phone.
  12. #1132  
    u need to prob delete and reinstall... mine doesnt reset unless i have the capture option set
  13. #1133  
    hi, I want to ask for a new feature.
    When I use any other language than english and tap "Call-Log", "center button", and "find" to get the details of a contact, I get a "not found message".

    I don't know how the "find" method works. but I would like to be given the option to process "find" using just the phone number. Phone number is in numerical format and unique in some way so a find process with just the number as an input will always return a valid entry (if the user exists in the contact's db)

    Will you please consider this?

    Thanks.
  14.    #1134  
    Hi all,

    New version - 7.55 (021) - posted at www.shsh.com/beta

    - Bugfix: fixed a bug causing device reset when pressing Option+Phone (on Treos).

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  15.    #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    hi, I want to ask for a new feature.
    When I use any other language than english and tap "Call-Log", "center button", and "find" to get the details of a contact, I get a "not found message".

    I don't know how the "find" method works. but I would like to be given the option to process "find" using just the phone number. Phone number is in numerical format and unique in some way so a find process with just the number as an input will always return a valid entry (if the user exists in the contact's db)

    Will you please consider this?

    Thanks.
    Will consider.

    Thanks for the idea.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #1136  
    thanks... and something else.

    I noticed that when I have unchecked Prefs->Treo->Use built-in SD data, in order to create my specific list of speed dials, when I press & hold an empty speed dial box I can't modify it (although "Tap & hold->Edit" is selected)[*]. I have to press menu+N to create a new one. This is not a problem. The problem is that if I create a SD box using menu+N, I can't modify it the way I want. So if a friend of mine is called John Doe, I can't make the box say "John" or "friend" or what ever I want (as in the case with "use built-in SD data" option is selected...

    am I doing sth wrong?
    [*] I forgot to mention that although "edit" is selected, when I do Tap & hold, TP is dialing instead of editing the speed dial box
  17.    #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpan View Post
    thanks... and something else.

    I noticed that when I have unchecked Prefs->Treo->Use built-in SD data, in order to create my specific list of speed dials, when I press & hold an empty speed dial box I can't modify it (although "Tap & hold->Edit" is selected)[*]. I have to press menu+N to create a new one. This is not a problem. The problem is that if I create a SD box using menu+N, I can't modify it the way I want. So if a friend of mine is called John Doe, I can't make the box say "John" or "friend" or what ever I want (as in the case with "use built-in SD data" option is selected...

    am I doing sth wrong?
    [*] I forgot to mention that although "edit" is selected, when I do Tap & hold, TP is dialing instead of editing the speed dial box
    When "not using the Treo built-in Speed-Dial" - TAKEphONE manages its own database, which contains pointers to records from the Contacts database.
    This is why you cant rename an entry.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi all,

    New version - 7.55 (021) - posted at www.shsh.com/beta

    - Bugfix: fixed a bug causing device reset when pressing Option+Phone (on Treos).

    Thanks.
    'tis true! Fixed on my phone. Yay, thanks Shimon!
  19. #1139  
    Hey Shimon.

    Hope beginning of '08 has been good.

    Finally answering your answer, 2.5 mos. later!

    Thanks for (obvious) fix on 2nd issue; re dtmf, I guess I mean on a call when manually dialing extra digits and "locally" as in I expect to hear tones when I dial either in speed dial or in find, ideally switchable.

    I'm used to hearing tones when dialing as when dialing from Phone app or on a landline--just seems to be "normal" phone behavior.

    Didn't we used to hear them? Anyone remember in earlier TakePhone versions?

    Anyway, clearly not a big deal but I do find that when dialing "blind" the tones offer aural confirmation of having hit the right number; without them I find I keep dialing a number even after hitting a wrong key and then either have to redial or actually dial a wrong number, which is annoying.

    Thanks again for your responsiveness to your users--would that all were so responsive!

    Be well,

    David
  20.    #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhbuckley View Post
    Hey Shimon.

    Hope beginning of '08 has been good.

    Finally answering your answer, 2.5 mos. later!

    Thanks for (obvious) fix on 2nd issue; re dtmf, I guess I mean on a call when manually dialing extra digits and "locally" as in I expect to hear tones when I dial either in speed dial or in find, ideally switchable.

    I'm used to hearing tones when dialing as when dialing from Phone app or on a landline--just seems to be "normal" phone behavior.

    Didn't we used to hear them? Anyone remember in earlier TakePhone versions?

    Anyway, clearly not a big deal but I do find that when dialing "blind" the tones offer aural confirmation of having hit the right number; without them I find I keep dialing a number even after hitting a wrong key and then either have to redial or actually dial a wrong number, which is annoying.

    Thanks again for your responsiveness to your users--would that all were so responsive!

    Be well,

    David

    Hi,

    Add the attached file to your main memory.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions