Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1266
  1. #761  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    It may be related to the actual (long) string you are trying to dial - maybe it blocks the carrier system (thinking it's some sort of a system code)
    I've been playing around, and this theory seems to hold some credence. (fancy words for: It seems to bear out in testing )

    It seems the call you (and the Phone app apparently) make is not quite the same as dialing.

    The most telling (and repeatable) experiment:

    I tried, for fun, the #*#377 sequence that shows you the last crash error on a Verizon phone, just wondering if I could set a speed dial for it. I originally I set it up in Takephone, but when I deleted it and set it up again in Phone, the same thing happened.

    Symptoms.

    Setup the sequence in a Phone speed dial button.
    Activate it.
    After it dials and gives you some prerecorded message about "I could not complete..."
    Within a second or two, the Treo 700p freezes for about 10-20 seconds.
    (I even got it to freeze during the playback, so I could not hang up until it unfroze).

    So ...
    Clearly this problem has something to do with the content of the dial string and the internal call to dial the number (dialing any of this directly from the pad never has a problems). I've tried it with other "special character" strings and sometimes I get the pause, sometimes I don't. It may (or may not) be related to failures to dial with proper timing in 2Dial for automated sequences requiring a # at the end of numbers.

    I'm guessing it has something to do with the speed at which special characters (* and #) are "dialed". This may be specific to the Treo 700 series, the 700p, or maybe even just the Verizon flavor.

    Ken
  2. #762  
    Hello, Shimon. Keysuite integration very far away? Still use the heck out of Takephone..thks
    Charliec
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Hello, Shimon. Keysuite integration very far away? Still use the heck out of Takephone..thks
    Afraid so...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  4. #764  
    Quote Originally Posted by charliec View Post
    Hello, Shimon. Keysuite integration very far away? Still use the heck out of Takephone..thks
    It looks like the new version of KeySuite makes any TAKEphONE enhancements in this area unnecessary:

    "KeySuite now gives you the option to synchronize your Outlook Contacts with both KeyContacts and the built-in Contacts application. This provides full integration and compatibly with all messaging, email, and phone applications. You enable this feature by clicking on the HotSync Manager | Custom | KeyContacts | and checking “Synchronize Built-In Application."
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  5.    #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    It looks like the new version of KeySuite makes any TAKEphONE enhancements in this area unnecessary:

    "KeySuite now gives you the option to synchronize your Outlook Contacts with both KeyContacts and the built-in Contacts application. This provides full integration and compatibly with all messaging, email, and phone applications. You enable this feature by clicking on the HotSync Manager | Custom | KeyContacts | and checking “Synchronize Built-In Application."
    Hi,

    This is really interesting - how would they handle the Outlook contacts features, such as extra fields, multiple categories, etc. ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  6. #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi,

    This is really interesting - how would they handle the Outlook contacts features, such as extra fields, multiple categories, etc. ?
    Search me... I can't find anything about it in Chapura's FAQs or in the Keysuite manual.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #767  
    Just loaded up my first post-build-56 version (073), and it took me about 30mins to work out how to see the i-bar - because I'd never used the List version of the Find Screen!

    Nice feature!

    But for those who might have similar long moments of empuzzlement, and in the apparent absence of any other instructions (specifically) on this, to get i-bar working

    1. go to Prefs/Display and under "Show:" highlight the ibar tab. There's a whole lot of other option tabs there too.

    2. i-bar and all those other tab options only show up in ONE mode of ONE screen, ie the Find screen, when it is in "List" mode (toggle between this and the "mini-list" mode using the icon under the Battery indicator, top RH)

    A question for Shimon:
    any chance of integrating the i-bar as an option of the mini-list mode as well, perhaps as a vertical bar?

    Its always great to check in on this thread every couple of months and find something new!!

    cheers
    Last edited by TRgEOff; 06/29/2007 at 05:06 AM.
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  8. #768  
    what they are doing is what i have done myself. I use keysuite. I also set contact to sync to each contact was a duplicate in separate databases so you use 2x the memory.

    They are doing the same thing. they are just automatically syncing contats in the background.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    Search me... I can't find anything about it in Chapura's FAQs or in the Keysuite manual.
    _____________
    Visor -> Treo 650 Cingular UNLocked (Cing. Blue Phone on Orange Network) -> vzw 700p -> VZW Centro (much better)
  9. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #769  
    Really love the i-bar, but wish there was some easy way to use a pic to send an SMS or email, e.g. it would be great if holding down the photo/icon brought up a sub-menu that had the same options in the Details screen that comes up for Call-Log entries (as well as the original option to edit that image's linking details of course).

    cheers
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  10. #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    ...t would be great if holding down the photo/icon brought up a sub-menu that had the same options in the Details screen that comes up for Call-Log entries...
    If you create the entry from your contacts list and choose "Prompt", you'll get that screen - instead of just dialing a number - when you tap the photo/icon.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  11. TRgEOff's Avatar
    Posts
    589 Posts
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    If you create the entry from your contacts list and choose "Prompt", you'll get that screen - instead of just dialing a number - when you tap the photo/icon.
    ah! great, I realise now Ive seen that Prompt option before but never thought about what it meant

    many thanks!
    geoff

    Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
  12. #772  
    am i doing something wrong...

    when i pull up a name in takephone and it zooms in (opens details) i can add address info but i cannot add another number

    lets say i have home already there, why cant i add a work number in via takephone like i can add an address?

    it would also look nice if it didnt bring up the fields were info wasnt present, like the dafult palm contacts apps does, doesnt show u work for example if u do not have a work number populated

    I am happy to say that i deleted DBP and went 100% to takephone !
  13. #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    am i doing something wrong...

    when i pull up a name in takephone and it zooms in (opens details) i can add address info but i cannot add another number

    lets say i have home already there, why cant i add a work number in via takephone like i can add an address?...
    I've been having a problem with this, too. I think it used to work.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  14. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    am i doing something wrong...

    when i pull up a name in takephone and it zooms in (opens details) i can add address info but i cannot add another number

    lets say i have home already there, why cant i add a work number in via takephone like i can add an address?

    it would also look nice if it didnt bring up the fields were info wasnt present, like the dafult palm contacts apps does, doesnt show u work for example if u do not have a work number populated

    I am happy to say that i deleted DBP and went 100% to takephone !
    Instead of tapping the spot where the phone number goes, tap the field description, i.e. home, work, etc. This is under the heading tap to edit. You can add numbers and change their types.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Instead of tapping the spot where the phone number goes, tap the field description, i.e. home, work, etc. This is under the heading tap to edit. You can add numbers and change their types.
    there u go THANKS !!!!!!!
  16. #776  
    Shimon,

    I ALWAYS had this issue- but never knew how to report it...and thought it was my isolated problem.

    HOWEVER, I NOW found out the problem..

    TakePhone does NOT show calender events if you set an all-day event with no time.

    I set all my events with No Time, and it never shows on the TakePhone's calender, whears the original dialpad will show the No-Timed event.

    Please fix this if you can. thanks
  17.    #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Shimon,

    I ALWAYS had this issue- but never knew how to report it...and thought it was my isolated problem.

    HOWEVER, I NOW found out the problem..

    TakePhone does NOT show calender events if you set an all-day event with no time.

    I set all my events with No Time, and it never shows on the TakePhone's calender, whears the original dialpad will show the No-Timed event.

    Please fix this if you can. thanks

    Hi,

    Will check it out.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  18. #778  
    Shimon, any updates with the all day calender event not showing?

    thnks
  19.    #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Shimon, any updates with the all day calender event not showing?

    thnks
    Hi,

    Yes - I have it fixed. Will be posting a new build shortly.

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  20. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #780  
    Shimon,
    Have you had a chance to look at the issue of keygaurd not coming on after 4cast does a refresh when the device is off and the last screen was Takephone?

Posting Permissions