Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Shimon, if you have time, please look into the send VCAL sms utility...

I have Sprint and a 700P and it appears not to be working. I can send but recipient gets nothing.
    Hi,

If you mean the send_with_sms utility - it's hard for me to fix, since this is not a program I developed...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  2.    #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by tien View Post
    Any updates on integrating TAKEphONE with Keysuite?
    Hi,

Afraid not.

Dont have time to start this project...
    Shimon Shnitzer
  3.    #583  
    Hi all,

Version 7.00 (055) just posted at www.shsh.com/beta

- Possible fix for the slowdown in launching.

- Possible fix for the slowdown in reading unread emails count (BizCon ?).

- Other misc. fixes.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    I am on version 053 and have not seen problems with slowdown. Is it worth updating to 055? Do you need people to try it for you?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi all,

- Possible fix for the slowdown in reading unread emails count (BizCon ?).

- Other misc. fixes.

Thanks !
    Shimon,

Thanks...

This did fix things for Takephone in regards to unread email/launching. I noticed you must have just changed the order in which things draw, too. Now there is a slight delay 2-3 seconds while the numbers of emails/sms are being drawn, but the rest of the app is painted in. This is acceptable. You still can't navigate until after the number of emails and SMS are retrieved.

Although, now that I know displaying emails (and SMS) actually slows down the startup of Takephone. I turned off the display of emails and SMS. I'd rather have Takephone be fast. I can look at emails in 2Day. This seems like a problem in the palm OS, as the Palm phone app is equally slow with this process.
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am on version 053 and have not seen problems with slowdown. Is it worth updating to 055? Do you need people to try it for you?
    Hi,

055 is the next version anyway, so I recommend you do update.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Shimon, I already use 2DIAL ...

--but is it possible for the calling card feature in Takephone to have an option to start in speakerphone?

---also, I need extra digits on my script (maybe about 10 more characters) ..thanks in advance
    TakePhone listens for system notifications, and therefore should be locked into the dbcache. Would it be possible for TakePhone to lock itself, rather than requiring the use of RLock to accomplish this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post
    Hi all,

Much better! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    When opening the detail view in Call Log would it be possible to add an option to call a different number for a contact that is in the address book instead of just redialing the same number? Many times I need to speak to someone quickly so I call all the numbers I have for them. The problem is each time I call them I have to type in their name again. If there was an option to call a different number along with the current call option, it would be much more efficient. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    When opening the detail view in Call Log would it be possible to add an option to call a different number for a contact that is in the address book instead of just redialing the same number?
    hear hear!
    Allen Hancock <a href="http://www.hancockconsulting.net">Macintosh Repair and support in Baton Rouge, LA</a>
    Treo 700p w/ Sprint Keyguard+ KeyCaps600 TAKEphONE 2Dial GoogleMaps TomTom
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    When opening the detail view in Call Log would it be possible to add an option to call a different number for a contact that is in the address book instead of just redialing the same number? Many times I need to speak to someone quickly so I call all the numbers I have for them. The problem is each time I call them I have to type in their name again. If there was an option to call a different number along with the current call option, it would be much more efficient. Thanks.
    From the detail view, see what happens when you click on find. Does this work for you? Keeps you from having to "re-type" a contact. This is efficient enough for me.

duke
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duke duke View Post
    From the detail view, see what happens when you click on find. Does this work for you? Keeps you from having to "re-type" a contact. This is efficient enough for me.

duke
    Well damn. I never noticed that. Thanks!

duke
    That IS a good tip, and one I didn't know about. Here's an even easier way: if you click the spacebar (hard key) on the call log entry, it does exactly the same thing as tapping "Details" and then "Find" while on the call log entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    That IS a good tip, and one I didn't know about. Here's an even easier way: if you click the spacebar (hard key) on the call log entry, it does exactly the same thing as tapping "Details" and then "Find" while on the call log entry.
    wow i new other way but didnt know about spacebar, yes that does make it better, i wish i could do it from "last call" field though on find tab

for display i have last call clicked off so it shows me last call

so after a takephone call it takes me back to takphone find tab and i see the last call made, if i could highlight that and hit spacebar and it did the same thing i wouldnt even have to go to call log, but after u think about it, either u hit up to go to last call or left to go to call log tab then hit spacebar, its still the same amount of strokes...

is there a way after the call hangups that takephone could take u back to call log page in takephone rather then find tab? that way the last call would already be highlighted and i can just hit spacebar

good find on the spacebar!
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    wow i new other way but didnt know about spacebar, yes that does make it better, i wish i could do it from "last call" field though on find tab

for display i have last call clicked off so it shows me last call

so after a takephone call it takes me back to takphone find tab and i see the last call made, if i could highlight that and hit spacebar and it did the same "thing i wouldnt even have to go to call log, but after u think about it, either u hit up to go to last call or left to go to call log tab then hit spacebar, its still the same amount of strokes...

is there a way after the call hangups that takephone could take u back to call log page in takephone rather then find tab? that way the last call would already be highlighted and i can just hit spacebar

good find on the spacebar!
    You can accomplish this in TP's preference settings. Under the Treo prefs, select how you want the "return" to TP to be handled after a call. Then go to "Using the Phone button" prefs. Maker sure that Call-History is selected. Then highlight Call-History and push it to the top of the list by using the bold up arrow to the right of the list. This should accomplish what you want. Note, however, that each time you launch TP, whether automatically after a call or not, it will begin on the Call-History tab by default now.

Hope this helps!!

@ CC...And I thought I was being clever . Nice tip on the spacebar !

duke
    Thanks guys -- I learn something every time I read these posts! And you're welcome for the tip.

By the way, GSpot, you can just click the center button on the 5-Way on the Last Call entry under the Find tab, and it opens the details, which is exactly the same thing the spacebar does on the Call Log entry.

And Duke -- I thought your tip was VERY clever; I had no idea it would do that!
    Last edited by ChristieC; 04/07/2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I never noticed that either. Thanks. I've been using TP for over a year and half. What else can it do that I didn't know about? Where does it display the winning lottery numbers?
    You can accomplish this in TP's preference settings. Under the Treo prefs, select how you want the "return" to TP to be handled after a call. Then go to "Using the Phone button" prefs. Maker sure that Call-History is selected. Then highlight Call-History and push it to the top of the list by using the bold up arrow to the right of the list. This should accomplish what you want. Note, however, that each time you launch TP, whether automatically after a call or not, it will begin on the Call-History tab by default now.

Hope this helps!!

@ CC...And I thought I was being clever . Nice tip on the spacebar !

duke
    i follow u, but i dont want to start takephone on that tab.. only wanted it to go to that tab after call is hungup, i guess i am stuck unless something else can be added
    Thanks guys -- I learn something every time I read these posts! And you're welcome for the tip.

By the way, GSpot, you can just click the center button on the 5-Way on the Last Call entry under the Find tab, and it opens the details, which is exactly the same thing the spacebar does on the Call Log entry.

And Duke -- I thought your tip was VERY clever; I had no idea it would do that!
    well the center button opens a page in which u then have to hit the button "find" to get to the same location that one click of the spacebar accomplishes