Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    Preferences/Buttons_&_navigation: if Left/Right is set to "change tabs", check "In buttons view - move pages"
    Bill, Thanks so much for the quick answer. Just what I was looking for!
    I love the app! But as much as I love it, I have had to remove it due to the slowing down of my Treo 680. It causes all screens to refresh at such a slow rate that you have to wait while it goes blank, the 2 seconds later the next screen shows up. No matter what app you are in. When I removed it, I noticed it went back to about a 1/2 a second refresh rate.

I cleared the logs, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    Incidentally, I went back to the version before 7.0 and it works pretty good on the 680. Much faster than the newer version but I do like 7 better. If you can get version 7 to go as fast as the last version on the 680 that would be sweet.
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by tischpc View Post
    Incidentally, I went back to the version before 7.0 and it works pretty good on the 680. Much faster than the newer version but I do like 7 better. If you can get version 7 to go as fast as the last version on the 680 that would be sweet.
    Hi,

Can you tell me what versions are these ?

What version is slow, what version is fast ?

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    The Slow Version is TAKE PHONE 7.00 Build (0.18)
    (It's fast within the application, but going out of it and into any other application is very very slow. The refresh rate on the 680 slows down to about a full 2 seconds to get the next screen)

The Version that works pretty good is TAKE PHONE 6.50 Build 124 That version has a 1 second delay transition. The built-in phone application takes about 1/2 a second delay so 1 second really isn't that bad. The 2 second delay though is at the point where I just uninstall it.

I hope this info helps.
  6.    #346  
    The Slow Version is TAKE PHONE 7.00 Build (0.18)
    (It's fast within the application, but going out of it and into any other application is very very slow. The refresh rate on the 680 slows down to about a full 2 seconds to get the next screen)

The Version that works pretty good is TAKE PHONE 6.50 Build 124 That version has a 1 second delay transition. The built-in phone application takes about 1/2 a second delay so 1 second really isn't that bad. The 2 second delay though is at the point where I just uninstall it.

I hope this info helps.
    Are you saying going OUT of TAKEphONE is slow ?
    How about going INTO TAKEphONE ?

What do you see on screen during this delay ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hello again,

I don't think I have said how nice the missed call handler is. I really love it!

Is there a way that 5-waying up from the main text entry could go there first?

Currently I need to go past the calendar line, then it goes to "All" which I never use.

I think it would be great if hitting up twice would go to the missed call indicator (if there) before going the category selector.

(personally, I would like an option to only hit up once to get to the missed call indicator, but I can see where skipping the calendar line wouldn't be as widely accepted/desired.)

thanks again, keeps getting better and better!
    Allen Hancock <a href="http://www.hancockconsulting.net">Macintosh Repair and support in Baton Rouge, LA</a>
    Treo 700p w/ Sprint Keyguard+ KeyCaps600 TAKEphONE 2Dial GoogleMaps TomTom
    How do you create a new contact from within TakePhone 7?
    I love the app! But as much as I love it, I have had to remove it due to the slowing down of my Treo 680. It causes all screens to refresh at such a slow rate that you have to wait while it goes blank, the 2 seconds later the next screen shows up. No matter what app you are in. When I removed it, I noticed it went back to about a 1/2 a second refresh rate.

I cleared the logs, etc. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    I've mentioned this before. Pruning the logs and changing the skin to the "default hi res" from one of the third party skins helped a lot. I have not yet compared vs removing TakePhone, I'm doing that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordol View Post
    How do you create a new contact from within TakePhone 7?

If you type a number (or, switching to letter mode, if you type a name) into the dialpad screen, then hit the menu key, the last option on the list is to "Add to address-book." Select that option and go from there.
    Or simply go to the find tab, type in your number, arrow down once to highlight save, then select. This will bring you to the "Add New Record" dialog. Easier than going thru the menu.

d-
    I've mentioned this before. Pruning the logs and changing the skin to the "default hi res" from one of the third party skins helped a lot. I have not yet compared vs removing TakePhone, I'm doing that now.
    I've now removed TakePhone 7 beta (build 022) and my Treo 680 is much faster. So I can confirm that TakePhone does indeed slow down the device, and not just entering or leaving TakePhone, if effects everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    If you type a number (or, switching to letter mode, if you type a name) into the dialpad screen, then hit the menu key, the last option on the list is to "Add to address-book." Select that option and go from there.
    So the reason I couldn't find a "new contact" command is because there really isn't one.

Well, the way I work is that when I enter a new contact, I start with the name.
    I've now removed TakePhone 7 beta (build 022) and my Treo 680 is much faster. So I can confirm that TakePhone does indeed slow down the device, and not just entering or leaving TakePhone, if effects everything.
    TakePhone has hooks in hlpr and hvch. HVCH would be the only possibility of global slowdown, but I assume this is how it hooks phone calls, ending calls, etc, possibly the Phone button, etc.

I've never uninstalled TakePhone, but I didn't notice any slowdown when I installed it. Do you mind clarifying what is slow and by what amount?
  15.    #355  
    So the reason I couldn't find a "new contact" command is because there really isn't one.

Well, the way I work is that when I enter a new contact, I start with the name.
    Hi,

Will add Menu+N ("New contact") option to FIND screen.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  16.    #356  
    Hi,

TAKEphONE does use HVCH on the Treo 680 to detect pressing the PHONE button while in the built-in dialer.

Without it - once you are in the built-in PHONE application - pressing the PHONE button will never take you out...

If you are willing to help me test this out, I can send you a version without this HVCH, so we can see if this is indeed the cause for slowdowns.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Hi all,

I just installed takephone 7.0 022 and I cannot use pauses.

I made a favourite such as 12223334444,1234 but it never dials the 1234. i tried this with do pauses on. if i change it to 12223334444x1234 it still does not work.

if i turn off do pauses then 12223334444x1234 works. why is this?

Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    No, it's a global slowdown in the whole device with 7.0 installed. Everywhere EXCEPT switching views WITHIN 7.0.
    It's important to note that this is with a Treo 680, NOT the 650. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    does the automatic redial when busy work on the treo 700p. it seems it does not work on mine, i get the busy and nothing happens...i have it set to 10 secs... if i stay on the call and listen to the busy for 10 sec or if i hang up .. after 10 secs nothing happens, never redials.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    does the automatic redial when busy work on the treo 700p. it seems it does not work on mine, i get the busy and nothing happens...i have it set to 10 secs... if i stay on the call and listen to the busy for 10 sec or if i hang up .. after 10 secs nothing happens, never redials.....?

I have never gotten this to work on either my Sprint 650 or 700p.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI