Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
    you'll have to tap the screen numbers or use the keyboard
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    On Takephone (10 entries/page in 2 column mode), there are 10 entries on Page 1. On Page 2, it goes from 11-17. 18,19,20 are blank. Then on Page 3, I have 21,22,23. This seems like a bug?
    Just curious, do you use any program to modify your fonts?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    We both have the same number of entries (I have a few more actually) and none of the numbers are blank. Did you "compact"/defrag the list from within its preferences -->>manage drop down menu?

Ben
    Ok... Manage-> Compact worked great... Thanks!!

Any chance of more speeddials/screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by JugglerDave View Post
    3) In the "Speed Dial" screen, I have the "in buttons view - move pages" option enabled. I have only 35 contacts, it would be nice if right-nav skipped the blank (41-50, 51-60, 61-70), which would save 6 right-nav clicks getting to the dialpad screen.
    Manage->compact fixes this too... Nice.. You learn something new about takephone every day.. I've been using this thing for almost 4 years.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Any chance of more speeddials/screen?
    I would guess this is limited by the phone app.
    Manage->compact fixes this too... Nice.. You learn something new about takephone every day.. I've been using this thing for almost 4 years.
    Didn't work for me. I have "use built-in speed dial" set, maybe it can't skip when using the Treo speed-dial list?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    I would guess this is limited by the phone app.
    I doubt that, since Takephone has a max of 10/screen. The built-in phone app has 14.
  8.    #208  
    Hi all,

Regarding the speed-dials on TAKEphONE screen -

1. The ordering of the cells in TAKEphONE was adjsated to the way they were organized in older Treos (600...). I will check to see if this causes issues with the Treo 680 file.

2. I preffer not to put more than 10 cells on one screen, since the buttons are then smaller, and I can fit less text in them, plus they are harder to press with your thumb then.

3. I am thinking of making the "right/left button move pages" option a default, so you have faster access to next pages by default.
    (since I believe not many users at all ever use the "Dialpad" tab).
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    Shimon,

I recently installed PhoneDisconnect and noticed something odd that I'm not sure is being caused by TAKEphONE or PhoneDisconnect. When I miss a call the system displays the Missed Call popup. Part of what PhoneDisconnect does is display and audible alarm at a predefined time interval after a missed call. Once this alarm sounds the screen turns off. When I turn it back on and dismiss the Missed Call dialog TAKEphONE displays >>In Call<< in the upper left hand corner but its not in a call.

This is most likley PhoneDisconnect but I'm just wondering if there's something in TAKEphONE that might be contributing to the issue.
    I can only guess it has something to do with the way PhoneDisconnect handles the "Call ended" notification.

Try disabling both apps, and then re-enable PhoneDisconnect first, then TAKEphONE.
    Shimon Shnitzer
  10.    #210  
    1) I can't find a way to just "dial a number". In the "Find" screen, I can start 5-way and dial a couple of digits. Then the "find" doesn't match anything and the focus goes back to the '21' (For example) and I have to re-start 5-way and go back to the digits. Highly annoying. Suggested fix is for '5-way' to remain in 5-way mode when there are no find matches, then we can time-out to select and dial.

>>> I see that. Will check why this happens.

In the "Dial Pad" screen, there does not seem to be any 5-way mode at all unless I am missing how to start it. Is there one?

>>> No.

2) In the "Find" screen, I press 'up' to start 5-way, and the category picker is highlighted, then I can press 'down' twice to get to the '1' digit. 99% of the time I want to just dial a number or find a name. Can we have an option to start the 5-way on a digit, like '2' or '5'? That would eliminate at least 2 nav clicks for most use cases.

>>> In TAKEphONE's "Buttons & navigation" prefs page, uncheck "Left/right arrows change tabs".

3) In the "Speed Dial" screen, I have the "in buttons view - move pages" option enabled. I have only 35 contacts, it would be nice if right-nav skipped the blank (41-50, 51-60, 61-70), which would save 6 right-nav clicks getting to the dialpad screen.

>>> Will add an option.

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE View Post

2) In the "Find" screen, I press 'up' to start 5-way, and the category picker is highlighted, then I can press 'down' twice to get to the '1' digit. 99% of the time I want to just dial a number or find a name. Can we have an option to start the 5-way on a digit, like '2' or '5'? That would eliminate at least 2 nav clicks for most use cases.

>>> In TAKEphONE's "Buttons & navigation" prefs page, uncheck "Left/right arrows change tabs".
    problem is, I really *like* the left/right arrows change tabs option. I just wish that when entering the 5-way mode I could have the focus start on the '5' or '2' for efficiency's sake. Maybe another sub-option, like "in buttons view move pages"... please?
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by JugglerDave View Post
    problem is, I really *like* the left/right arrows change tabs option. I just wish that when entering the 5-way mode I could have the focus start on the '5' or '2' for efficiency's sake. Maybe another sub-option, like "in buttons view move pages"... please?
    Will consider this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Here's something that has to be user error on my part, but has been bugging me for awhile. When I call into a tone response system (such as voicemail), I have to go back to the build-in phone app on the treo to enter numbers. Is this really necessary, or is there a way to have takephone send my key presses out once I'm inside a call?

thanks,
    Dana
    Quote Originally Posted by danachee View Post
    Here's something that has to be user error on my part, but has been bugging me for awhile. When I call into a tone response system (such as voicemail), I have to go back to the build-in phone app on the treo to enter numbers. Is this really necessary, or is there a way to have takephone send my key presses out once I'm inside a call?

thanks,
    Dana
    If it's a number you call a lot you can program TAKEphONE to dial the extra digits. Otherwise, just touch the dial pad icon on the "in-call" screen.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs View Post
    If it's a number you call a lot you can program TAKEphONE to dial the extra digits. Otherwise, just touch the dial pad icon on the "in-call" screen.
    Hmm, Ok, so now I need to find that icon. Here's what happens. I place a call. It takes awhile to get to the part where I need to enter numbers. During that time, the screen goes off (which is fine). I press the green button (Treo 650) to turn the screen back on. This brings me to TakePhone (in my case, the Find screen). Pressing the numbers at this point has no effect. Maybe I should reactivate the screen another way??

Thanks,
    Dana
    Try tapping the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by danachee View Post
    Hmm, Ok, so now I need to find that icon. Here's what happens. I place a call. It takes awhile to get to the part where I need to enter numbers. During that time, the screen goes off (which is fine). I press the green button (Treo 650) to turn the screen back on. This brings me to TakePhone (in my case, the Find screen). Pressing the numbers at this point has no effect. Maybe I should reactivate the screen another way??

Thanks,
    Dana
    Yeah, I think by pressing the phone button to activate the screen you're launching TAKEphONE again. I think there's an app that will lengthen the time before the screen turns off. Or, you could set the phone button to cycle through TAKEphONE and the the system phone app so when you press the phone button the second time it will actually launch the phone app. Another option would be to use the hard keys instead of the on screen keypad.

I guess it all depends on what works best for you. As I mentioned before, the first thing I would try is programming the extra digits in TAKEphONE if its a number you call a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpasM View Post
    Try tapping the screen.
    That would work too. You'd have to tap the screen keypad icon anyway so it would just be another tap.
  19.    #219  
    Hi,

You can set TAKEphONE so that if you press & HOLD the PHONE key while in a call, you will be taken to the built-in phone app "current call" screen.
    You can press DTMF there...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Ok... So.. how do I do this? I have a Treo 700p.

Scenerio... I make a phone call and am talking to a person.. I want to enter a phone number into my Treo 700p to call later, with a name associated with it. If I try and enter a number into the FIND screen or dialpad the caller hears DTMF.

How do I do this without the caller hearing DTMF?