1.    #1  
    OK... I had a treo 650 and used verichat for a long time until i upgraded to a 700p last week and all the sudden verichat does not seem to work as well wven though i have the latest version.

For some reason verichat tends to disconnect on its own even during an IM convo . It does NOT close the verichat application or the IM convo window but it just shows it's disconnected even though the handset is still connected to Vision services and all. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also

Anyone here use Agile? How is it compared to Verichat?
    Last edited by NativeTongue03; 11/06/2006 at 07:20 PM.
    They say the good die young/So I added some "bad a s s" to my flavor and prolong my life over these drums/
    POS
  2.    #2  
    Am I the only one with this probblem?
    They say the good die young/So I added some "bad a s s" to my flavor and prolong my life over these drums/
    POS
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Nope. Here you will find a hack that may help you:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118821
    The disconnect problem happened on my 650. It seems that they have trouble with their server from time to time.

Other than that, try the 700p hack. It did improve things on my 700p, but I didn't notice the disconnect problem you are having during convos on my 700p

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    has anyone even heard from the developers of verichat about them releasing a version that is compatible for treo 700p??
    Verichat who? <sarcasm>
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    has anyone even heard from the developers of verichat about them releasing a version that is compatible for treo 700p??
    Only that they may be working on a future release. They were bought out by Intellisync. Here is their last communication with me:

"At this point in time the Treo 700p is not an officially supported platform. Because of this, running the Treo 600/650 software causes the 'Always On' feature to break. This issue has been reported to Product Management for consideration in a future release. We do not have an ETA for this. I will make sure that you will be notified when this device is supported..."

That is their official word on VeriChat and the 700p.

There have been no new versions of VeriChat released for the PalmOS since before PDAApps was acquired by Intellisync.

yeah um the treo 700p came out 6 months ago!!
    This is why I'm going with some other solution - probably Causerie - once my Verichat license expires in a week. I just don't trust that they [VC] will continue support the app for another year. Clearly, they don't seem to care about making the app work with the latest devices.
    what? really?
    if you're not kidding, then why was i told by pdaapps that they still haven't developed one?

and handydj's that's the EXACT same thing they told me. bah!
    VZW 700p, which could quite possibly be thrown out the window if it doesn't stop being a pain in the booty.
    Quote Originally Posted by aj80 View Post
    and handydj's that's the EXACT same thing they told me. bah!
    Sounds like they're using a canned response. Now, let's hope the project doesn't get canned.

If you're only using AIM try toccer it's free, it works on the 700P even when you turn it off! It does run down your battery but anything that's always on will do that.
    the 700p hack works perfect on my 700p, then again i'm very happy with my 700p unlike most people it seems
    What's the 700p hack all about? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin3 View Post
    the 700p hack works perfect on my 700p, then again i'm very happy with my 700p unlike most people it seems
    So many people have blamed resets on VeriChat, but the truth is that if you're running the latest beta (2.89b) and your saved_preferences is clean, it is very stable. Some of the earlier versions DID cause frequent resets.

Same can be said for CallFilter. Earlier versions crashed the heck out of the 650. The current release is very stable and only has one major bug, but it doesn't crash at least.

so....hacked version or stable version for 700p?? (which one to use)
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    It's irrelevant - Verichat has been discontinued. You couldn't buy it if you wanted to...
    I know that - my sub expires in sept 07 - still have time to use it
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    can someone hack the source code??