Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if there's a way to use the 700P to receive FM radio frequencies to listen to audio on TV at gyms that use this system. I remember there's a hardware radio for the SD slot, but wondering if there's any way to "get" these basic frequencies, either with a software app, or with Blazer?

Thanks-
    I don't think so. The antenna on the treo gets in the way of an SD FM transmitter.

Probably better off with Ptunes/Kinoma and streaming audio:

http://www.thestreamcenter.com/pda/
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks... I have Ptunes and Kinoma 4. But the question is whether there's a way to specifically get or "stream" simply an FM frequency (for example, 90.3), which the TV in the gym is transmitting audio on....
    You need a local FM tuner for that (can't imagine any other way unless they decide to start streaming at the gym) and the SD FM tuner won't fit in a treo so I've read
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    There is a way. Just get a $10 FM pocket radio.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Yea, you're probably better off getting a cheap fm pocket radio like rc46 suggested. I'f be nervous about dropping the Treo while trying to listen to FM radio.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    You're better off putting Total Recorder on your computer and recording Internet radio streams. Then, put hours of Internet radio onto an SD card and you will have all of the music you want.

Unless you like the mindless banter and commercials too.

SMEGGIE
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc View Post
    Thanks... I have Ptunes and Kinoma 4. But the question is whether there's a way to specifically get or "stream" simply an FM frequency (for example, 90.3), which the TV in the gym is transmitting audio on....
    No. Simple answer.
    you might try one of the new zero antennae's and the SD Card FM radio that was mentioned. It might fit without the antennae'e.

I assume youre trying to pick up the FM feed for cardio theatre?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I agree that FM radio would be a nice thing to have.