249 Global Posts
    Mostly bug fixes.

Professional

Improvements

* Solved stability issue in Year View with certain steps when using dpad
    * Solved stability issue when receiving Agendus Alarm while using e-reader
    * Solved stability issue on alarm if event has no text in description
    * Solved stability issue when assigning a ringtone to a contact
    * Solved stability issue in Photo/Wallpaper picker if tapping on thumbnail viewer when no image is selected
    * Solved stability issue on T3 and other devices with slider when adjusting slider up/down while in Free Time Finder
    * Corrected Contact History dates not sorting properly
    * Corrrected 5 day Grid Start Day affecting display other views
    * Corrected redraw issue on Icon picker in Memo detial
    * Corrected corruption on Memo card if Contact & Trip both associated with it
    * Corrected failure for hard button to cycle correct views with certain button settings
    * Corrected strange behavior when using dpad to select default icons/icon sets in Colors & Icons
    * Corrected cursor not being ready for input upon creation of new Memo
    * Corrected selected color disappearing or reverting to previous color when using Dpad selection
    * Corrected dpad navigation becoming unusable on Color Pallets
    * Corrected long locations on meetings preventing the meeting description for appearing on the Card View
    * Corrected corruption of Memo title if the title includes '-' between numbers
    * Corrected Drag 'n Drop meeting to Task conversion failing to show immediately and turns on 'Show Completed' when off in prefs
    * Corrected failure to redraw text on events in Split View after tap/drag->release
    * Removed unexpected 'tab-looking' graphic in Contacts View
    * Corrected screen redraw issue when creating Saved View
    * Corrected unwanted resetting of Agendus button assignments when accessing Palm OS Pref -> Buttons
    * Improved functionality expectations/limitations when using Agendus with expired demo
    * Resolved stability issue in some views using Free Time Finder
    * Corrected Trip Icons failing to show if more than one Icon set resides in RAM
    * Corrected items inappropriately showing Past Due in Trip itenerary
    * Corrected unexpected auto assignment of "Default" property when adding new vendor
    * Addressed problem with possible trip database corruption occurring if leaving the application while creating a new trip item
    * Corrected inability to edit existing Trip vendors occurring in certain cases
    * Corrected Dpad center failing to open Tasks and Calls in Trip itinerary
    * Corrected failure for level selection to be retained upon exit/return
    * Corrected corruption of card view when using Agenda Walkthrough on Trip Items
    Glad I waited...haven't even got the upgrade/installed this yet. I'm gonna keep on waiting 'till there are no more V11 updates! (By then, they'll have version 12. )
    Now to wait a few days and read the forums and see what new bugs pop up and see if it's worth upgrading or not.. ;-) 11.03 has been pretty good for me.
    Too many headaches....I'll also wait.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    11.05 was in beta for over two weeks. Shouldn't be any thing major - and I can tell you on my Treo I haven't seen anything minor either.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I downloaded the update earlier today. I have not come across any problems since then. Have not played around with it to much just yet.
    Sprint Treo 700P
    Running AGP 11.05 and have no problems.
    They didn't correct the problem I continue to experience, where I tap/hold on a meeting (to open the pop-up menu to, e.g., check the completion box, or edit, or whathaveyou) and the device resets. Consistently. Ugh.
    CPT, did you report this over in the Iambic Forum?

I can't dupe this on my Treo 650 Cingular version - I'd suggest reporting it in the Iambic Forums and then we can possibly provide some help but a quick check at the forum didn't reveal a "report" of this issue.

We often find isolated cases due to specific settings by the user, corrupted databases or other possible causes by conflicts of software etc.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Hi CPT, I work part time in iambic tech support, and unless you're the same person who recently reported it there, you are the SECOND person I know of who is experiencing this. But I agree with Moose Man that most likely you have corruption in your calendar database, or a conflicting application, both of which can be very difficult to pin down.

If you backup your RAM with Resco Backup, BackupMan or one of the other similar apps, you could test the "conflicting app theory" by doing a hard reset, restoring your PIM databases: CalendarDB-PDat, ContactsDB-PAdd, MemoDB-PMem, TasksDB-PTod, and then installing JUST Agendus. If tap/hold works on meetings, it's a conflicting app issue: install your other apps one at the time and test. If tap/hold doesn't work without any other apps installed, but with your databases installed, then most likely your calendar database is corrupt.

Before I write a book on dealing with that, let's see what you turn up with the above suggestions!

Generally, we don't open a ticket for developers to tackle on one or two isolated reports, but if you post this in the iambic forums, and IF a number of other customers chime in with "me too," then we'll certainly "sick" our developers on it with a bug ticket.

Regards,
    John
    Last edited by wellsjs; 11/08/2006 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    They didn't correct the problem I continue to experience, where I tap/hold on a meeting (to open the pop-up menu to, e.g., check the completion box, or edit, or whathaveyou) and the device resets. Consistently. Ugh.
    I'll say back if I'm seeing this, but I perform this type of operation fairly often. Although more often anymore I have to edit because most of the time I'm marking a meeting striked-through and Canceled (we have a LOT of daily/weekly recurring meetings that are canceled due to no agenda).
    11.0.5 still crashes when I use the calendar button to navigate through the views. It happens whenever I attempt to move off of the journal view
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Of the 18 views, you've named one I don't have?
    When I get to the 'Recent Meetings' page, I'm good. If I hit the button again, my 650 will reset every time. I've tried just cycling to that page and it crashes, as well as selecting the page from the drop down and hitting the calendar button to move to the next view. Same thing.

I'm not sure what the view is after 'Recent Meetings' in the cycle, but it must hate me.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    OK, we're circling the problem, closing in for the kill. Cycling does't help tell you or me or anyone which view it is, because in the Day, Week, Month, Quarter, and List, cycling only goes to the most recent view in each of those categories.

Using your d-pad to move about the views dropdown, wait a second when you change to one and make note of the view name. Once you have the name, press the center button to go to that view. Keep doing that until you find the one that crashes and having seen the name of the view just before it crashed.
    Thanks for your suggestions. Problem seems to have gone away (though I do still whince each time I press/hold).

Deleted iambic mail (which was hiding on my device w/o an icon), performed a hard-reset/restore (which I've done multiply in the past, which never did anything (but not yet w/ 11.05). Finally, I locked Agendus w/ Resco (something I've also never thought to do, b/c its footprint is so large).

Now, no problems--yet Dunno what made it go away.

I am curious about the corrupt database comment, however. Can you point me to a link for future reference that details how one might detect/fix corruption?

I use Chapura regularly to sync, UnDupe to remove duplicate entries that crop up from time-to-time, and use Pimlico's dbScan to remove deleted records.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie View Post
    I am curious about the corrupt database comment, however. Can you point me to a link for future reference that details how one might detect/fix corruption?

I use Chapura regularly to sync, UnDupe to remove duplicate entries that crop up from time-to-time, and use Pimlico's dbScan to remove deleted records.
    dbScan is about the only PIM database error cleaning I know of. I've been advocating for someone to write a "real" one, as dbScan has not wow'd me with results.

One thing I've heard about (not done myself) is to use Palm Desktop to export an entire database (calendar, tasks, contacts) to a .csv file, open/browse/edit it using Excel (get rid of weird characters and/or out of place "spaces"), save and then import back to Palm Desktop, followed by a one-way sync, "desktop overwrites handheld." Even if you don't make a whole lot of changes in the Excel "space," it's been reported to weave some magic in making database problems go away!
    I'll just hope major problems don't present. I've hundreds upon hundreds of business contacts (if not thousands). That would be a huge PITA. But I'll file it away. Thanks.