1.    #1  
    Ok, so I solved my previous issue about no longer getting the new email notification icon on the left side of the phone app (solution = do a full backup, do a hard reset, do a full restore), but now I have another question about the icon: It seems the icon only appears after I've opened Versamail--meaning, I could have 30 new emails, but until I actually launch Versamail, I won't get the icon in the phone app.

Does this seem right to you guys, or is anyone else having a different experience? Even better, has anyone figured out a workaround so that the new email icon shows up in the phone app without launching Versamail first?

As always, thanks gang.

-split
    That's the way it is until Palm decides to fix it. It was the same way on the 650 as well. Really does not make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsurround View Post
    Ok, so I solved my previous issue about no longer getting the new email notification icon on the left side of the phone app (solution = do a full backup, do a hard reset, do a full restore), but now I have another question about the icon: It seems the icon only appears after I've opened Versamail--meaning, I could have 30 new emails, but until I actually launch Versamail, I won't get the icon in the phone app.

Does this seem right to you guys, or is anyone else having a different experience? Even better, has anyone figured out a workaround so that the new email icon shows up in the phone app without launching Versamail first?

As always, thanks gang.

-split
    Hey split

If I understand what you are looking for.....

To get the versamail email notification on the phone app, open your email account, go to menu, preferences and then to autosync.

Set autosync to sync your email account(s) and how often you want it to and when. When you have a email loaded, the email notification will show how many emails you have in the phone app.

Do this setup with each email account you have in versamail. If you want an alert, go to menu, preferences and then to alerts and choose an alert sound and alert you of new email and autosync failure.

Again, do this with each email account you have.

This has been working out real good for me on my Sprint 700p.
    Sorry but no this doesn't do what is being asked for. This will give you a notice on new email. It will NOT update the number of new emails at the top bar of the phone app. The only way to do that is to open Versamail, then go back to the phone app.

As others have said, this is stupid. Palm should really fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hey split

If I understand what you are looking for.....

To get the versamail email notification on the phone app, open your email account, go to menu, preferences and then to autosync.

Set autosync to sync your email account(s) and how often you want it to and when. When you have a email loaded, the email notification will show how many emails you have in the phone app.

Do this setup with each email account you have in versamail. If you want an alert, go to menu, preferences and then to alerts and choose an alert sound and alert you of new email and autosync failure.

Again, do this with each email account you have.

This has been working out real good for me on my Sprint 700p.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680