Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    palm internals offers a speed test that measures system slowdowns caused by utilities.
    pbench works better than speedy. It's been covered many times in the past.
  3.    #23  
    i disabled kblights off and installed keyshades hack and still received same time lapse

Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    i disabled kblights off and installed keyshades hack and still received same time lapse

Sorry, I thought it would make a difference. Did you get it from here? http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm/
  5.    #25  
    i also removed two other hacks, no difference in speed... grrrr

treo key hack, just like keycaps650 but doesnt have the backspace delete issue

treo navi text, while pressing option button u can jump from word to word , pressing left to right on d-pad, like in a memo or text message

when i warm reset, hold up on d-pad then perform soft reset and run speed test i do receive the 99 seconds on speed test
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    pbench works better than speedy. It's been covered many times in the past.
    What nightlight aka 2000 Man is trying to say in his own special way is that pBench measures data access speed, among other things. Speedy does not. Although nightlight is certain that data access speed is the only way to measure the true speed of a 700p, some of us believe there are many aspects to an OS that can affect overall speed, and additionally some people do not completely trust the accuracy of a program that hasn't been updated since 2003, long before the NVFS memory management was introduced. Speedy tests the speed of the processing power, which is just one aspect of overall system speed.

What this thread is about, though, is the differences in what Speedy measures, which could be attributing to the overall lag some people have. There seems to be no apparent reason why these figures should vary from unit to unit.
    Last edited by dcpmark; 11/06/2006 at 02:03 PM.
  7.    #27  
    Also removed keyguardtime + .... no difference... LOL
    I am on a roll here !
  8.    #28  
    The lag that drives me crazy is when i am switching between screens,phone, calender, sms, launcher.. that dreadful white screen.. i think it is the worst when i try to connect online... i have a speed dial key "W" linked to web, that takes about 5 seconds until i see the home webpage
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    Also removed keyguardtime + .... no difference... LOL
    I am on a roll here !
    Are you soft-resetting each time you disable and/or remove something? If not, try it and see if it makes a difference.....
  10.    #30  
    i tried this test out

warm reset treo....

manually launched zlauncher by icon

speedy, read 1 second..
    palm internal speed test read 45 seconds

if i go by speedy it tells me that zlauncher really doesnt show a big difference but with palm internals speed test it pinged up to 45 seconds,,,

conflicting info
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Again, in theory Speedy should not affected by any software that doesn't use processing power in the background, so the fact that it shows a slowdown with the Palm Internals test but not with Speedy makes perfect sense. Palm Internals, like pBench, measure processes other than processing power.
    I am on Verizon
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I am on Verizon
    As am I, with the same scores as your second test: .99 sec total.
    I'm on Sprint.
    No ZLauncher, no Versamail (yes it's on ROM but never opened after a hard reset in order to prevent generating all MM files)
    Speedy 6.2 - Nov 6, 2006 4:28 pm

Detail [now]

Calc Test 0.51 sec
    Mem Test 0.17 sec
    Graph Test 0.31 sec
    Total 0.99 sec ~303 MHz
    1515 % / Palm Vx

This my speed result of my Treo after I did a hard reset & deleted all of the Versamail related programs on my computer and changed my syncing setting to do nothing when it comes to versamail. Then reinstall all 80 plus programs back on my Treo. I wish they would come out with an update soon!!!
  16.    #36  
    hmmm so it could be versamail, should i try syncing my ipod with computer then hard reset device?

how do i delete the last account on versamail, i used to use it and i have one screen name left created, it wont let me delete the last name, says has to have one at least created... what do i need to delete in the backup folder to reset versamail back to default with no info...i use snappermail now....
    Versamail has nothing to do with it. Thats just Treocentral hogwash probably propagated by the chatter folk. I get 1500% before hard reset and 1515% after hard reset. I am very happy with this device and only very rarely experience any lag when starting Blazer. Versamail 3.5.1 is a rock solid, very good program unlike the crappy versions that came with the 600 and the 650. If you have any hacks like butler, keycap, or ring tone managers delete those then watch your scores go up.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  18.    #38  
    i just ran palm bench application

http://www.ive-software.com/palm-benchmark.php3

anyone know if these results are good:

Arithmetics: 469%
    Heap management: 355%
    Data Access: 600%
    Graphics: 906%

it says all results are relative to a palm m505 (100%)

i have a treo 700p with sprint, lol
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I get 1500% before hard reset and 1515% after hard reset.
    Are you on Sprint or Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Versamail has nothing to do with it. Thats just Treocentral hogwash probably propagated by the chatter folk. I get 1500% before hard reset and 1515% after hard reset. I

Whatever. All I know is that after reading the thread that mentioned getting rid of Versa and related files, my slowdowns virtually stopped...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast