1.    #1  
    Even though the 680 was not releases yesterday, there is some hope of it happening soon. Treonauts has posted cingulars rebate form for the 680 and 750. On Friday my wife spoke with a cignular rep who said that they were expecting the 750 by the end of the month. Okay, I know that web postings and sales reps are not the most accurate sources....

My big question is which 750 will be released? Wife could not remember if there was a letter after it and the rebate form only says, "750" (which makes me a little supicous of it. I know that the chatter over the last few months is that it will be the 750v and run windows, but I guess I am in in denial and want the 750p (I don't want to hear that windows OS is just as good, blah, blah, blah). Early speculation was that cingular would release a the 750p, thereby protecting Voda's worldwide exclusive license for the 750v. I think that it is interesting that the rebate form only says "750." Both of the 700 phones have indicators after it--700p, 700w/wx.
    They can't release a 750p, Palm OS is unable to handle UMTS.

It'll probably be called a 750c or 750w. Or maybe they won't even use a letter.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    While it's unlikely to be a Palm OS version, I don't see a reason why palm os wouldn't work with a UMTS radio module.

Care to enlighten me, Diva?
    Other people who can explain it better told why the Palm OS can't handle UMTS. Try doing a search for those posts. I think there are some under this 680 sub-forum and maybe the general sub-forum too. Something about it being unable to handle voice and data at the same time.

It can definitely handle EVDO, but no UMTS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I bet if we send in the rebate form now, we will see the rebate check when the phone comes out..
    I read somewhere that infrared is NOT available n the 680.

UNTRUE......CORRECT??
    HANDWOUND TREO

SHARP CALCULATOR>SHARP ORGANIZERS>PALM PILOT>PALM Vs>SONY CLIE>BLACKBERRY>SONY UX50>TUNGSTEN C & W>TREO 600>TREO650
    I wish i could tell you otherwise, but sadly it's true.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    The link does not work - at least not for me. How much is the rebate?
    680 has IR, it is listed in the specs text but is not numbered in the diagram on Palm's site.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessi_9783 View Post
    I wish i could tell you otherwise, but sadly it's true.
    No, it's not. The 680 has infrared.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Quote Originally Posted by HAND WOUND TREO View Post
    I read somewhere that infrared is NOT available n the 680.

UNTRUE......CORRECT??
    From Palm:

Quote Originally Posted by Palm Treo 680 Specs
    ...Wireless GSM/GPRS/EDGE-class 10 radio
    Quad band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
    Bluetooth® 1.2 wireless technology, Infrared (IR)
    There you have it. IR on the 680.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    We will not know until the phone is out if it has IR or not, my 600 was supposed to have WiFi, the 700 threaded sms, what Palm writes and what we get are 2 different things
    The 680 has ir. It is clearly listed on the spec sheet and in the diagrams on the full-color handout that Palm was giving away at the recent electronic show at the Javits Center. There is no doubt - it has ir.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97 View Post
    We will not know until the phone is out if it has IR or not, my 600 was supposed to have WiFi, the 700 threaded sms, what Palm writes and what we get are 2 different things
    Not only is it in all of the web and print materials, but some members here on the board have actually gotten their hands on the 680 and confirmed the IR port a few weeks ago. It's a done deal.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    I spoke with a Cingular store associarte this afternoon who had just received the "price tags" for the 680 - said it would be $199 ($299 minus $100 rebate for a 2 yr unlimited $39 data plan). He said that they don't know when the stores would receive them, but that it must be soon as he had the price tags and rebate forms on hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    I spoke with a Cingular store associarte this afternoon who had just received the "price tags" for the 680 - said it would be $199 ($299 minus $100 rebate for a 2 yr unlimited $39 data plan).
    Do I read this correctly to mean that the retail cost of the 680 will only be $300? wow
    $300 IF you signup for a two year contract AND 2 years of $40/month data and you also get a $100 mail-in rebate.

Not that great a deal. You can get the Nokia E62 from Cingular for $150 with a contract. Better than previous Treos but not the inexpensive deal that it had been touted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    Do I read this correctly to mean that the retail cost of the 680 will only be $300? wow
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    My mistake, but at least it has it. That was really bugging me since I really don't want to buy a bluetooth keyboard.
    ~Jessi~

Handspring Visor > Handspring Visor Edge - Silver > Handspring Treo 90 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Treo 680 - Arctic
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    $300 IF you signup for a two year contract AND 2 years of $40/month data and you also get a $100 mail-in rebate.

Not that great a deal. You can get the Nokia E62 from Cingular for $150 with a contract. Better than previous Treos but not the inexpensive deal that it had been touted to be.
    yawn. nothing has been announced. when it does get announced you will know the price.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!