1.    #1  
    I have downloaded and installed the Java version of Gmail. I had been using the HTML version directly on Blazer. Is there any advantage to the Java version? Anything it is easier to do on that version than on the HTML version? (The full version does not work without ActiveX and it does not seem possible to use ActiveX on the Treo.)
    Laissez Faire
    The interface might be an advantage, everything fits on the Treo's screen really well. Because of the need for Java, memory may be a factor. If you are a 5-way key user, that may also be a factor.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I have downloaded and installed the Java version of Gmail. I had been using the HTML version directly on Blazer. Is there any advantage to the Java version? Anything it is easier to do on that version than on the HTML version? (The full version does not work without ActiveX and it does not seem possible to use ActiveX on the Treo.)
    Off topic, but thought it was worth mentioning that GMail doesn't use ActiveX.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Off topic, but thought it was worth mentioning that GMail doesn't use ActiveX.
    But when you use the HTML version on the Treo there is a link that says "switch to standard view." When you click on that link you get a message that says "Gmail requires ActiveX controls to be enabled." I have not been able to find ActiveX for the Treo. If anyone has a link, I would be very happy.
    Laissez Faire