1.    #1  
    I know we're all waiting patiently for one, if there will ever be one, but is there anyway anyone can write one themselves? I dont know the extent of what Shadowmite does but I know he gets extensively deep into stuff. Think it's possible for someone to do that, or is it strictly a Sprint deal or what?

Just trying to see all options here. I really hate the pausing.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    The first step would be to figure out how to download the existing rom, modify it and re-upload it. That's been done on the 650, but not the 700p yet even after 7 months.

Your best bet is to wait for Palm to release something. Hopefully your patience will be rewarded. I gave up after 7 months of the whitescreen lags and moved to a wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    It does seem like an eternity, and I don't want to act like a firmware update shouldn't have been released by now, but the phone just reached its five month birthday on Halloween. Who am I kidding? Where's the firmware already?

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The first step would be to figure out how to download the existing rom, modify it and re-upload it. That's been done on the 650, but not the 700p yet even after 7 months.

Your best bet is to wait for Palm to release something. Hopefully your patience will be rewarded. I gave up after 7 months of the whitescreen lags and moved to a wx.
    The first step would be to STOP creating new posts about the same topic. This has been discussed to death in at least four different threads.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l View Post
    The first step would be to STOP creating new posts about the same topic. This has been discussed to death in at least four different threads.
    Amen
    at&t iPhone3G
  6.    #6  
    Thanks cool guy. There's threads about someone independently creating an update?

Well I accomplished my mission... I just wanted to sucker some tools in (like yourself) and **** some people off. Yup, that's why I created this thread. Got ya to reply didn't I?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    Thanks cool guy. There's threads about someone independently creating an update?

Well I accomplished my mission... I just wanted to sucker some tools in (like yourself) and **** some people off. Yup, that's why I created this thread. Got ya to reply didn't I?
    It just goes to show your maturity level, i think an update in attitude, not your phone, will serve you well not.
    Treoing & Loving it
    How about we wait until Palm releases a firmware update for the 700P before we title anymore threads "700P Firmware Update"?
    On the contrary, I think we need 8 more threads entitled "700p firmware update here! Download it now! Click here! OMG!1112!!!"
    seriously...i got all excited..
    diane
  11.    #11  
    It just goes to show your maturity level, i think an update in attitude, not your phone, will serve you well not.
    Huh? At least attempt to make your posts coherent. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    seriously...i got all excited..
    No crap, I even get myself excited when I see my own thread. lol I didn't mean to do that to you on purpose, wasn't thinking when I titled the thread.

After even more searching I did come across a thread regarding custom firmware updates, not like all the other Sprint firmware update threads...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121723
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given View Post
    Huh? At least attempt to make your posts coherent. Thanks in advance.

No crap, I even get myself excited when I see my own thread. lol I didn't mean to do that to you on purpose, wasn't thinking when I titled the thread.

After even more searching I did come across a thread regarding custom firmware updates, not like all the other Sprint firmware update threads...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121723
    To be fair, your thread would make more sense if it was titled "question about upcoming 700p firmware update". The others here are correct in stating that titling it what you did indicates that a link or information regarding the firmware update would reside in your post, which it does not.
    What a waste of my 2 min. Thanks for the tease.