1.    #1  
    Has anyone setup a mini as their media center? I am looking to do this and I want to use my treo as a remote, use slingbox too. Any tips?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Details? I'm sure that a few people could help with some tweaks, but they'd have to know what you're connecting to & the effect you want. (X10 anyone?)

For instance, I installed a physical talkover switch & preamp between my machine and my amp for when phone calls come in, so that I don't have to deal with on screen controls. It's just nice - & no lag.

Keep us all informed on how it goes for you.
  3.    #3  
    well from the reports I am reading looks like sling will release a POS client.
    I am planing on getting a intel mac mini, tv tuner, slingbox and sailing clicker if possible.
    I am replacing my home ent. setup with the mini. It has a dvd player built in, with the tv tuner it will be a pvr, itunes can play on the stereo and I can also download shows from itunes and watch them on my tv.

I am sure my wife is going to love "learning how to turn on the tv".
    should be fun
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ok - what are you looking at for a tv tuner? As far as I'm aware there isn't a tuner for OS X yet that works with Frontrow AND lets you channel surf. Not a deal killer, but something to consider if you like to surf.

Additionally, I'd play with Sailing Clicker for a bit before making any kind of commitment, if you haven't already. The idea is great, but Sailing Clicker only works with Treo like a standard Palm, so all of the special telephony features will be disabled. I think that these are the best features of Sailing, but I think you should really evaluate this for yourself. It also means that a talkover (or at least a mute button)is a must, especially if you like your tunes loud.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ok - what are you looking at for a tv tuner? As far as I'm aware there isn't a tuner for OS X yet that works with Frontrow AND lets you channel surf. Not a deal killer, but something to consider if you like to surf.

Additionally, I'd play with Sailing Clicker for a bit before making any kind of commitment, if you haven't already. The idea is great, but Sailing Clicker only works with Treo like a standard Palm, so all of the special telephony features will be disabled. I think that these are the best features of Sailing, but I think you should really evaluate this for yourself. It also means that a talkover (or at least a mute button)is a must, especially if you like your tunes loud.
    I tried Salling Clicker, it's an impressive app, but actually I prefer BlueRemote. It has all the functions of a Bluetooth Keyboard and Trackpad, and works with Mac or PC. I give it 4 stars, it works fine but I would prefer to some different screen layouts, particularly one with the trackpad and cursor keys on the same screen (would make powerpoint presentations easier...) Salling is probably better if it supports the applications you want, BlueRemote is better if you want a full-function remote keyboard and mouse.
  7.    #7  
    I think saling clicker will work great. if I download shows off of iTunes and play them back on my mac through my LCD. Then i will have another remote to control the usb tv tuner.