1.    #1  
    so, I USED to see an icon with a number next to it in the phone app that signified how many new emails I had in versamail. then I installed chattermail to check it out, and the deleted chattermail. now, back in versamail, I no longer get that icon. i've checked all the prefs, and kind find anything. please help!

thanks,
    split
    I have a similar situation. I am not sure if it was chattermail, but I did not install it and new email count from versamail and chattermail are not appearing in the phone app
    What version are the two of you using?

Marc
    I downloaded the latest from your website this weekend
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I had/have exactly the same experience; used Chatter for a few days, went back to VersaMail...now no icon in the phone app. on my Sprint 700P.

I'd like to know how to get this fixed/working again
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  6.    #6  
    ...after getting nowhere with any real leads, I decided to do a full backup (Missing Sync), then I did a hard reset. Then I did a full restore from the backup I had just made. That was it, it fixed it--the alert icon is back.

Waddaya know...

split
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsurround View Post
    ...after getting nowhere with any real leads, I decided to do a full backup (Missing Sync), then I did a hard reset. Then I did a full restore from the backup I had just made. That was it, it fixed it--the alert icon is back.

Waddaya know...

split
    Yep, that did it!

I did a hotsync, hard reset, hotsync (to restore) and all is good again, thanks!
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  8. Tpk
    All you really have to do is go into the Treo Preferences and switch your default email application back to "Mail" in the default apps.
  9. Tpk
    Quote Originally Posted by splitsurround View Post
    so, I USED to see an icon with a number next to it in the phone app that signified how many new emails I had in versamail. then I installed chattermail to check it out, and the deleted chattermail. now, back in versamail, I no longer get that icon. i've checked all the prefs, and kind find anything. please help!

thanks,
    split
    All you really have to do is go into the Treo Preferences and switch your default email application back to "Mail" in the default apps.