1.    #1  
    Greetings,

I recently had a problem with my treo 650. I have since replaced it with a treo 700p but want it was painful restoring everything. I was thinking that if I had a backup device I might be okay.

However, can you be sync'ing to two devices at the same time. For example, if I had a backup 650, I cannot sync both, because settings are incompatible, or at least as far as I know.

Could I sync to some kind of regular palm and my treo at the same time?
    I do it all the time - sync a Treo 650 with a T5. The only caveat - you must have two unique user names (one for each device) and they both must use the later enhanced Contacts and other PIM apps.

You can't mix a Zire 22 with a Treo 650 for example but you should be able to mix a Treo 650 with a T3, T5, LD, TX and E2 without any issue and of course a Treo 650 with a 700P without issue.

Can't mix a Treo 600 with a 650 though - at least not using the Palm Desktop that I'm aware of.....

But you will not share the same databases on the two devices using the Palm Desktop - you'll have to sync to Outlook to share those PIM databases.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Oh, so the secret is to sync with outlook
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave View Post
    Oh, so the secret is to sync with outlook
    Unless Im missing something the real secret is using different user names.

I have 4 units that I sync.

Kyocera 6135
    Kyocera 7135
    Treo 650
    Treo 700

I dont use Outlook I use PIM.

Hope this helps.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  5.    #5  
    What I am asking for is to have different devices, but the same info on all, so all my contact info on all devices.

If you are using different user names, then they do not have any of the same data, correct?

Why bother having multiple devices with different data?

The devices you list are all phones. Do they have different contact lists?

By the way, do all your phones have phone service? I was thinking of one phone and one palm device.
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave View Post
    What I am asking for is to have different devices, but the same info on all, so all my contact info on all devices.

If you are using different user names, then they do not have any of the same data, correct?

Why bother having multiple devices with different data?

The devices you list are all phones. Do they have different contact lists?

By the way, do all your phones have phone service? I was thinking of one phone and one palm device.

No,

the only one that has service is the T700P. Yes they all have the same data. As far as basic data, you can go into the Palm program and copy all of the folders you want to be the same over to your "new" units users names.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.