1.    #1  
    I think I have exhausted all options, but I just wanted to head to the experts here to check...I love using my treo w/ speck skin and hard flip window, since I am mostly a d-pad person and rarely reach for my stylus. But I keep hoping there's an even thinner way to cover my screen...is there a screen protector or a case with built in hard screen protection that's not a crystal case or a skin case? Given the choice I personally like skin cases more, but I am just curious if there's a dedicated screen protection only case out there...anyone know of any?

Thanks!
    hahaha I had a lot of trouble with the Speck tough skin...too tough to put on and too tough to use!

JavoEdge screen protectors are GREAT. I just started using one and I was blown away.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ View Post
    hahaha I had a lot of trouble with the Speck tough skin...too tough to put on and too tough to use!

JavoEdge screen protectors are GREAT. I just started using one and I was blown away.
    Yea, but are they hard? I want something that will protect the screen in a bag or pocket, and I am just concerned that a thin touch screen one can't protect against a direct hit like a harder one can.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I too, have the Speck case - Skin Tight - and if it didn't stretch, it'd be THE perfect case. I ordered the Seidio rubber crystal with Verizon hole cover and holster. I have BSE on my 700p...hoping I can keep BSE on with this case...time will tell and I'll report...expect delivery Tuesday.

I've grown to appreciate the Speck plastic cover and although I use a screen protector, I'm curious if there's a better one. Currently I'm using Smartphone Experts screen cover from Treocentral...am I on the right track or is there a harder/better screen protection option since I'm loosing the plastic cover?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallman View Post
    I too, have the Speck case - Skin Tight - and if it didn't stretch, it'd be THE perfect case.
    Thanks in advance.
    Tallman,

I just ordered the Speck Toughskin along with a seidio battery cover w/reset hole. I also use Card Reader (Clickapps). I plan to punch a small hole in the back of the Speck case where the reset hole is and since I no longer have to remove my SD Card from the treo to access it, I don't anticipate having to remove the case once it's on.

Do you think that the case will stretch anyway?
    I purchased the Speck Toughskin rubberized case. It was great for the first 2 days or so. On the 700wx, the top part that covers the speaker protrusion seemed to bulge and not look right. Then the hard plastic screen protector would keep falling out because it was stretching. I liked this case becasue it was such a tight fit in the belt clip I never had to worry about it falling out.

It got worse and worse everytime i had take the phone out of the clip. No longer usable to me and i had to remove it. Still looking for a case that has a good secure locking mechanism on it.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have the toughskin (clear). it is a nightmare to put on, but once it's on it's wonderful. I love the hard screen cover. I bought one for my ipod a couple of years ago, and that's served me well, too. My husband likes the toughskin so much on mine that he ordered one for his new 650. There's no perfect case out there, but this is as close to perfect as I've found. The toughskin is thicker than the skintight, so stretching isn't really an issue.
    How grippy is the Speck toughskin, for sliding in/out of a jeans pocket? I'm in desperate search for the perfect case to be kept in a pocket with keys. I might just have to buy another sleeve case. Also, is it virtually impossible to get an SD card out of the top without a lot of effort?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR View Post
    How grippy is the Speck toughskin, for sliding in/out of a jeans pocket? I'm in desperate search for the perfect case to be kept in a pocket with keys. I might just have to buy another sleeve case. Also, is it virtually impossible to get an SD card out of the top without a lot of effort?
    I can tell you the skintight is really really grippy. So much so that it was a pain to use in and out of jeans unless they were really loose. And while I wear baggy jeans, I don't generally wear or want to wear jeans that are THAT baggy. Just my .02 cents.
    Well that's bad news for me. I'd really like to use something like the Seidio crystal case but I think I just have to have screen protection to make it pocket safe.