1.    #1  
    i was just wondering how good the 2d00 seidio extended battery how long does it last more than the standard battery?? .. and other specs.. thanks
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post
    i was just wondering how good the 2d00 seidio extended battery how long does it last more than the standard battery?? .. and other specs.. thanks
    Specwise, it has 1/3 more mAh, or raw capacity than the battery the Treo ships with. As for lasting time, I'll let other users talk about that, as I am a bit biased. :>
    I haven't done a scientific analysis, but I would say I am getting 25-30% more life with the extended battery.
  4.    #4  
    alright thanks.. is seidio that best extended battery out htere for the treo??? or is there anyone holding more than 2400 mAH ???
    I recently purchased the Seidio Extended Battery and so far I have been impressed. I have Chatter online for 12 hours a day and make atleast 2-3 hours worth of calls and by the end of the day my phone is ready to be recharged, but my standard Palm battery would have never made it that long.
    The Seidio battery lasts so much longer then the OEM battery I'm wondering if I got a bad one when I bought the phone.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    ebay has 2500
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    ebay has 2500

2500?? what brand makes that? and can you give me a link to the auction you found on ebay.. thanks
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    I would be leary about that 2500 battery since the only source seems to be on Ebay seller. The 2400 battery does what it is advertised to do. In my use I was estiamte about a 30% increase over the stock battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post
    2500?? what brand makes that? and can you give me a link to the auction you found on ebay.. thanks
    Just took a look at it and it seemed "vaguely" familiar. It will also work with the 800 and 800w - whatever they are :>
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I would be leary about that 2500 battery since the only source seems to be on Ebay seller. The 2400 battery does what it is advertised to do. In my use I was estiamte about a 30% increase over the stock battery.
    I agree. When I owned my PPC6700 there was a battery floating around on ebay that claimed to be 2400mAh. When tested it turned out to be 1800mAh. I guess they figure most people won't check. The seller has also posted a rare $100,000.00 Rolex and a 2 million dollar domain name (exbay.com)! You gotta love it!
    PDA history - Psion 5/Sharp Mobilon/Jornada 540/ipaq 3835/ipaq 3935/ipaq 5550/ipaq 4700/PPC-6700/Treo 700wx
    I too am very interested in the Seidio 2400mAh battery....

I'm not exactly knowledgable about the technical properties of batteries, so this may be a dumb question, but....

Does this higher capacity battery produce any heat that could affect the Treo in any way?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    I too am very interested in the Seidio 2400mAh battery....

I'm not exactly knowledgable about the technical properties of batteries, so this may be a dumb question, but....

Does this higher capacity battery produce any heat that could affect the Treo in any way?
    Hi Jimmy,

No, it does not produce a significantly larger amount of heat that you would even notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Hi Jimmy,

No, it does not produce a significantly larger amount of heat that you would even notice.
    Thank's for the quick reply! I think I'm going to add this to my X-mas wish list that I'm going to "drop" in front of my wife! heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidio1 View Post
    Hi Jimmy,

heh... oh, On the other hand.... Winters are really cold here in the Midwest... can you guys make a 24,000mAh battery that can turn the Treo into a hand warmer for snowboarding trips?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
    heh... oh, On the other hand.... Winters are really cold here in the Midwest... can you guys make a 24,000mAh battery that can turn the Treo into a hand warmer for snowboarding trips?!?!
    What we used to do in NY, was to just put our finger into an electrical outlet. The trick is knowing when to remove that finger. If you removed it too soon, it didn't warm you up, but certainly took your mind off the cold; if you removed it too late, you definitely were no longer worried about anything. Very small window for perfect timing.