1.    #1  
    I know there have been a ton of threads on how to customize your roms ... anyone know of an easy way to do this on a Mac? I've only got Macs here and at work ... I do have a Mac running Windows at work, if that's the only way :-(

Thanks,
    Peter
    2 years ago I hacked a Sprint Treo 650 to use it on Verizon using my Mac. Of course, I had to use Virtual PC with WinXP to do it.

I've heard that there are methods of updating ROMs using the SD card. I never got into that.

I was given a PC laptop for my new job a few months ago. About the only thing I've done with it is use the ROM Tool for modifying my 650's ROM. I guess there's a chance that the ROM Tool will be ported to Java, then it'd work on a Mac. Otherwise your best bet is running WinXP on either an Intel Mac using Parallels or Boot Camp or on a PPC Mac using VPC.
    I could never get the ROM tool to work on my Intel iMac running Parallels. I could download and modify the ROM files, but the upload always choked at the same spot (about 7.5 MB into the upload) which bricked the phone until I could get to a "real" PC, which worked just fine. Just my experience, your mileage may vary.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    I could never get the ROM tool to work on my Intel iMac running Parallels. I could download and modify the ROM files, but the upload always choked at the same spot (about 7.5 MB into the upload) which bricked the phone until I could get to a "real" PC, which worked just fine. Just my experience, your mileage may vary.
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot booting into full WinXP at work.

Thanks,
    Peter