Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Verichat sub is up and I'm looking for a replacement, but it looks like neither this forum nor the ine on Mantra Groups website is active... What's going on?
    I don't see much activity, but the app is working just fine. Has there been any development activity with Verichat?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    Has there been any development activity with Verichat?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wheeee! You're funny! Wait - was that a joke! Seriously though - OF COURSE there is no development on Verichat. It's like they've completely abandoned the app. That's one reason I want to switch...
    Yeah, I finally bailed on Causerie and Verichat and went with Mundu. One-time fee. Causerie's good, but that yearly fee just finally got to me.
    Hi,

Please note that Causerie is working fine. If any one is experiencing any problem please get back to us, so that we will solve the issue as soon as possible.

With Regards,
    Support Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post

If any one is experiencing any problem please get back to us, so that we will solve the issue as soon as possible.

With Regards,
    Support Team.
    ROFL... why do I find this so funny????

Oh, that's right... because you promised a fix ASAP for Call Shield going on two months ago and since then nothing.
  7.    #7  
    Are you actively developing Causerie? I got burned once by Verichat - buying a "dead" app - and don't plan to get caught again...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    Are you actively developing Causerie? I got burned once by Verichat - buying a "dead" app - and don't plan to get caught again...
    That is a good question to ask but don't expect a meaningful answer. We don't really expect them to be honest and say "No, we are done with this product and are not going to continue to develop it."

To say that would kill whatever market they might have left.

So the only option is for them to tell us, yes, they are still supporting the product even if they aren't.

But a quick review of their activity and responses with this and their other products shows that they are big on promises and assurances of fixing problems "as soon as possible" but then nothing happens.

Bottom line, sadly, ask all the questions you want... you won't be able to believe their answer until we actually start seeing them do something other than just promising that they will do something.
    Last edited by awerry; 11/08/2006 at 09:34 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Yeah - it was kind of a rhetorical question... Just wanted to see what they would say. I REALLY wish the developers of Trillian (cerrulean studios) would develop a palm client...
    Yeah - it was kind of a rhetorical question... Just wanted to see what they would say.

Mantra's responses have been quite robotic lately. Canned responses run by macros I am sure.

Hopefully someone will step up and fill the void.
    Yeah - it was kind of a rhetorical question... Just wanted to see what they would say. I REALLY wish the developers of Trillian (cerrulean studios) would develop a palm client...
    One thing at a time...how long has it been since Trillian 3 came out and how long have we been waiting for "Astra"?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Awerry: Please note that we are waiting for API from Palmone.com. As soon as we get API from them, we will work on Call Shield and get all the bugs fixed at the earliest.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Support Team.
  13.    #13  
    Ok... I'll give Causerie a shot once my VC license is up in a week. I really hope you guys (Mantra) don't disappoint like PDAApps did.
    ksmith, what Treo do you have? If you have a 650, you should be in good shape.

Ok... I'll give Causerie a shot once my VC license is up in a week. I really hope you guys (Mantra) don't disappoint like PDAApps did.
    For the record, Causerie is working fairly well for me. Once in a while I get a crash but it generally works as it is supposed to.

My problem with Mantra is their on again off again support on Call Shield which at times has been their pattern with Causerie in the past.

Let's hope they step up and do something. All this bad PRPRPR $has$ $to$ $be$ $hurting$ $them$.
    ksmith80209: Please note that you can download the free trial version of Causerie for 15 days from our site mantragroup.com. If you have any problem please get back to us, we will solve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Support Team.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    ksmith, what Treo do you have? If you have a 650, you should be in good shape.
    I have a 700P...
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Causerie works fairly well on my 700p, although I mostly use it for AIM. I'm having trouble with a Google Talk buddy, but it's not Causerie's fault. After the VeriChat debacle, I tested every IM app for the 700p, and only Mundu and Causerie were acceptable. I went with Causerie because Mundu would not vibrate on an incoming chat request with the sound switch off and in background mode, which is how I carry my 700p most of the time.
    dcp,

isn't there a very long lag going to background mode on the 700 (like 12-15 seconds)? on the 650 it's like 2-3 seconds max.

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    LONG pause, even with logging disabled....about 8 seconds of white screen for me. In fact, it's the only app that gives me a white screen lag of more than 1 second. But overall I am still satisfied with it's performance, and it doesn't seem to affect performance test scores while working in the background.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast