Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
    LONG pause, even with logging disabled....about 8 seconds of white screen for me. In fact, it's the only app that gives me a white screen lag of more than 1 second. But overall I am still satisfied with it's performance, and it doesn't seem to affect performance test scores while working in the background.
    Yikes! That doesn't sound good. I get that it is a 700P 'thing", but I am curious why Verichat doesn't suffer the same issue. Given that VC exits nearly immediately, it makes me think it is poor code architecture on Causerie.
  2. #22  
    The problem with mantra is their support (stinks) and attitude towards customers. I was bitten by causerie first then by mobivoip and also by callshield. I dunno why callshield is still in treo 600 days - when their competitors are able to provide the features they still wait on API from PalmOne.

    I really doubt the company still exists - my best guess is that should be a 1 man company now working on something else and unable to spare time on causerie or they have stopped development for palm and moved to other phone platform.
  3.    #23  
    Great... Now I get to choose between poor customer service and poorer customer service!
  4. #24  
    Hi,

    Dollars: Please let us know if you are experiencing any problem with Causerie, so that we will fix the issue as soon as possible. But for right now everything is working fine with Causerie, if still you have any problem get back to us we will resolve it at the earliest.


    ksmith80209: You can download the trial version of Causerie for 15 days free trial from the below link and let us know the feed back.

    http://causerie.mantragroup.com/prod...m/download.php

    With Regards,
    Support Team.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra support View Post
    Hi,
    ksmith80209: You can download the trial version of Causerie for 15 days free trial from the below link and let us know the feed back.

    http://causerie.mantragroup.com/prod...m/download.php

    With Regards,
    Support Team.
    Verichat expired this a.m. so I'm going to give Causerie a shot. Have the "long delay to exit" issues been fixed?
  6.    #26  
    Well - i tried to use the demo, but it says that the demo is expired and to please buy the software. I did a demo a year ago on my treo 650 - would that be the problem? If so, how do I use the demo, I'm sure the app has changed quite a bit since I last tried it...

    UPDATE: Just tried the live chat on the Mantra website and was told that they only do one demo. That makes sense, but I did a demo quite a while ago - before I bought VC. Since the guy (Mark) "hung up" on me in the middle of the chat, I guess that make my decision that much easier. Verichat it is... What a crappy way to start an experience with a company. Good luck, Mantra!
    Last edited by ksmith80209; 11/15/2006 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Update
  7. #27  
    Hi,

    Please note that the chat session got disconnected. If you want to have a demo of our product we can extend your trial period. Please send us your device ID, so that we will extend your trial period.

    Thanks,

    Regards,
    Support Team.
  8.    #28  
    Just sent you a PM. Thanks.
  9.    #29  
    Has my demo been extended?
  10. #30  
    Does the "support team" have a name? Ben
  11. #31  
    ksmith80209: Please note that as per your request we have extended the trial period till 2006-11-24.

    If you need any further information or any assistance, please get back to us. We will be glad to assist you further.

    Sincerely,

    Support Team
  12.    #32  
    Thanks. I'm using the demo now. Am I correct in noticing that the "delay" issue has not yet been resolved?
  13.    #33  
    After using Causerie for a day or so, I'm not sold. So far, the delays are ridiculous and it is show people on-line, when I know they aren't. For example, my wife shows on-line 18hrs after she shut off her computer and came home... Not very impressive so far.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    After using Causerie for a day or so, I'm not sold. So far, the delays are ridiculous and it is show people on-line, when I know they aren't. For example, my wife shows on-line 18hrs after she shut off her computer and came home... Not very impressive so far.
    If you check out the Causerie forums on their site (http://www.mantragroup.com/forums) you will see that the issues have been reported and known by Mantra for many months. Mantra claims that they are working on the issue and it will be fixed "very soon" and "in a new release". I'll believe it when I see it. I have gotten in the habit of logging out and logging back in to update the buddy list when I need to talk to a certain person. I ended up going with Causerie simply because they offer Jabra/Google Talk support and VC does not. Support on either product is poor at best. What you see in your trial will be what you get in either case. Good luck in your search.

    Best,
    Rory
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    If you check out the Causerie forums on their site (http://www.mantragroup.com/forums) you will see that the issues have been reported and known by Mantra for many months. Mantra claims that they are working on the issue and it will be fixed "very soon" and "in a new release". I'll believe it when I see it.
    No kidding. I trialed Causerie a year or so ago and it seems they still have the same issues. Now that I've removed it - I'm STILL getting SMS alerts telling me that I am logged in in two places. Not sure how to stop that one... VC it is for me.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmith80209 View Post
    No kidding. I trialed Causerie a year or so ago and it seems they still have the same issues. Now that I've removed it - I'm STILL getting SMS alerts telling me that I am logged in in two places. Not sure how to stop that one... VC it is for me.
    Next time you get the message on your PC, simply respond to the chat with "1" and it will kill any other open connections to AIM.

    Best,
    Rory
  17. bigwalton's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #37  
    Drat, and here I was thinking that I might finally take the plunge with an IM app.

    Seems like a ready market waiting for a good product/good support to throw money at...

    Those responses from "support" are pathetic.
    Treo 755P
  18. #38  
    I use Causerie quite a bit and agree that updates have been lethargic lately. One solution I have found to 'stale' buddy information is too look for the red 'X' at the top right of the main screen. If it is there, you're likely really online and up to date.

    If it isn't there, Causerie is in a funky nowhere land. Set Preferences/Misc to 'Confirm before running Causerie in background'. Now, when the 'X' disappears, tell Causerie NOT to run in the background, and it will log out and shut down. The restart will then get things 'right' again.

    Not the best solution, but it works.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsprouse View Post
    Next time you get the message on your PC, simply respond to the chat with "1" and it will kill any other open connections to AIM.

    Best,
    Rory
    I tried that on Verichat and finally got Causerie to log off. Unfortunately, between the SIGNIFICANT delay starting/stopping and the inability to show the correct status for my buddies (no matter what I try), Causerie is just too flaky for me. I bit the bullet and re-upped Verichat.
  20. #40  
    Download latest Causerie 3.2.5 version with SMS and Always On Optimizations update from the below link:

    http://mantragroup.com/downloads/pro...erie-3.2.5.prc
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions